Cheap Stuff That Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post

Not cheap, but the Gorilla brand duct tape is so good it will pull the skin off your hands. It's the only tape I could find that would work for masking off brick when I was painting my house.
    Boy, this brings back a bad memory…

Comment

Thanks for this thread, I have already picked a couple of items I'm going to order, even though I dislike Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

Boy, this brings back a bad memory…
        Redneck waxing kit?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post

Redneck waxing kit?
          Hah! No, this involved someone who thought my mouth needed to be taped shut. He paid for it, though. Boy, did he pay.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
            For $10.00 they will roast your hands off. Great product
            I got a similar version for Christmas this past year. Sucker really heats up! I can also use it as a charging power bank for my cell phone.

Comment

Yes It is a great item. Supprised more people don't talk about it.

Comment

I bought one of these extendable "bellows"/straws a few years ago when they were <$10 but now I never will go hunting/camping without it. I can get a fire started with primitive tools, help material catch, and stoke it. This will turn it into a roaring bonfire in no time. Don't need to bring gasoline or camping fluid.

​​Fantastic for keeping your face/hair/beard away from the fire/smoke and helps to prolong your breath. Collapses down to ~3-4" and extends out to ~20". I still use it to light my backyard fire pit with just some newspapers and some wood shavings.
                ​​​​​
                ​​​​Epiphany Outdoor Gear Pocket Bellows - Weatherproof Collapsible Fire Bellowing Tool for Starting Fire- an Essential Camping Gear https://a.co/d/0yVefFz
                Last edited by Canuck; 02-27-2024, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
                  $2.99
                  AMEN! That top color has been a killer for me over the years. I started with Hogies in the over the next 30 years spent thousands on soft plastics to only come back to them as my go too (along with Mirrodines).
                  Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Wild Turkey 101 better yet !

Comment

The only drinking I ever do is one mixed drink an evening when at the lease but I always take a fresh bottle of a decent whisky when I go for the other guys. The guy at the liquor store recommended one that was a lot cheaper than the one I usually get. I got my one drink and the rest of the guys and the guys from the ranch next door wiped that bottle out in 7 minutes passing it around. The next hunt, they had bought cases of it, they liked it so much. Click image for larger version

Name:	20231029_170926.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	366.8 KB
ID:	26731327

Comment

Fire starter.

I cook a lot using cast iron. I wipe them down with oil when finished. I save the paper towels I use after wiping them for fire starters. Usually in my chimney lighting charcoal.

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Gerry-Venture...0BMWLC9NH?th=1

I used these hunting Colorado in the low teens. Costco has them for $29. Tough as nails and warmer than my $270 First Lite pants
                          Last edited by 4xBuilder; 02-28-2024, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4xBuilder View Post
                            https://www.amazon.com/Gerry-Venture...0BMWLC9NH?th=1

I used these hunting Colorado in the low teens. Costco has them for $29. Tough as nails and warmer than my $270 First Lite pants
                            I might have to pick up a pair for those late December/January hunting days.

I picked up a pair of those Wrangler Stretch Cargo Pants that are mentioned 100+ times in the Rokslide thread. Super comfortable with good movement. That thread is dangerous to the wallet.

They're $27 at Walmart if any of you all are looking for them:

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck View Post

I might have to pick up a pair for those late December/January hunting days.

I picked up a pair of those Wrangler Stretch Cargo Pants that are mentioned 100+ times in the Rokslide thread. Super comfortable with good movement. That thread is dangerous to the wallet.

They're $27 at Walmart if any of you all are looking for them:
                              https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-...ant/3523104866
                              I hunt in those exact pants more than any other. One of the best values out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X