No announcement yet.

Wading boots that don’t fall apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the Simms BOA style for wade fishing and duck hunting. I get two seasons out of the boa cables on average and they are easy to swap. Last pair i got i think 6 years out of them but i am pretty diligent about washing them and taking care of my gear. My next pair will be regular lace ups. I like the support of the boot when in mud for hunting or winter wades vs a zip up Everlast style flats shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      Old tennis shoes
      This is how I roll! Hell even wade barefoot half the time!

Comment

I had some Simms Freestones that held up pretty well for 3 years being used 50-70 days a year. The side stitching blew out a little bit around the toe box and finally gave out. I do not wade a lot of areas with oyster reefs though. I am sure that would have beat them up faster.

Comment

I just ordered new waders because the boots wore out pretty fast even after rinsing them off after I had fished. I even tried Flexseal to fix the boots but didn’t fix the holes.
          I wonder if I tried the Flexseal before the holes occurred if they would last longer?

Comment

Chuck Taylor's

Comment

Magellan and Lacrosse are junk

Comment

My warm months are magellan neoprene, try to rinse off frequently, if i had to go for a swim would rather be in the neoprenes

for my waders simms salt flats, rinse frequently they seem good but wouldn’t want to swim in them, these would be good for wide feet

Comment

The boots I wear with my waders are Simms Flyweight boots. They are wonderful, very durable and extremely light. While wet wading I wear Barts Bay Armor, while wearing these I do use their gravel guard. It helps cinch the boots around my calf and allows less water to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                    I’ve always used the Foreverlast ray guard for wading and duck hunting.

Only downside is the zipper if you forget to wash it, but other that then zipper, the boot never falls apart.
                    Foreverlast did have a Kevlar sock that provided some protection from Ray’s. Some folk’s would wear them with tennis shoes.

Comment

Working...
                    X