Wading boots that don’t fall apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wading boots that don’t fall apart

I’ve had a pair of Simms flats sneakers and now 2 pairs of the Magellan lace up wading boots that all three the sole detaches after a couple months. Looking for anything that doesn’t fall apart.

I wear Simms Flats Sneakers without waders and larger Freesalts with waders. The Flats Sneakers are lighter and more comfortable personally and will probably wear them twice as many days a year. After almost two years, I lost the sole on the Freesalts first so purchased a larger pair of Flats Sneakers for waders. I've accepted $200 boots are just part of the game.

Comment

I’ve had bad luck with Everlast and even worse luck with FroggTogg. FroggTogg’s didn’t even last one weekend. I wish I could still finds some old zip up Shimano’s, those things were indestructible.

Comment

Barts bay armour

Comment

I’ve always used the Foreverlast ray guard for wading and duck hunting.

Only downside is the zipper if you forget to wash it, but other that then zipper, the boot never falls apart.
          Last edited by BigRed323; 02-05-2024, 06:48 PM.

Comment

The magellan neoprene zipper boots are perfect for saltwater and my original pair is still going strong.

Simms FreeSalt boot is probably the best quality for an actual boot.

Korkers makes some saltwater wading boots but I advise everyone away from them because the interchangeable soles are worthless. It never fails, you find a sole someone lost anywhere people use waders to fish and I can't stand the litter/trash.

Patagonia makes some boots rated for salt but I can't speak for them as I've never used them or know anyone who has.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              Barts bay armour
              This, they tough!

Comment

Just looked at Barts thinking maybe they now haf a lace up boot. All I see is the zippered.
                and I tried a pair of Simms sneakers and they didn’t last 20 nights walking flounder.

may try a pair of Simms Salt Stalkers / any and all zip on boots are out because I have wide feet and need the lace ups

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Barts bay armour
                  This.

If you wear a 12 ill make you a deal and get 13s. But, I don't recommend swimming in them

Comment

I like my barts. Comfortable. I only get to fish 3-4 times a year so can’t give any advice on longevity.

Comment

I also had the soles fall off my Simms flats sneakers. So did my fishing partner. I glued mine back with 3m 5200. Seems to be holding. My buddy sent a picture and a complaint to Simms, they sent him a new pair 2 weeks later.

Comment

Can’t wear Barts. Too narrow. Same as Simms zipper and the Shimano. Gotta have lace up- got Fred Flintstone feet

Comment

Old tennis shoes

Comment

I’ve also had good luck w/ the neoprene Magellan zip ups. Lasted 6 years so far but I only wade about 10x’s a year. Just bought a pair of Foreverlast since I have a gift card to burn.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              Can’t wear Barts. Too narrow. Same as Simms zipper and the Shimano. Gotta have lace up- got Fred Flintstone feet
                              They make a short boot now and get a size bigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X