Restaurant BBQ pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

seems to be the case unfortunately, we will see. Moral of the story is always capitalize on deals......We always buy whatever meat is on sale weekly(that we typically use/eat) and never have an issue.
    I almost never buy any beef, pork, fish or chicken unless it`s on sale. I check the local adds online weekly and stock up on the items we eat regularly. Bought 4 big eye round roast (3.49 lb.) just this week for jerky. There`s almost no cut of meat that you can`t buy for 30% off pretty often and 40- 50% on a few cuts a few times a year. You just have to look.

Comment

12 lb brisket for $11.88.

The good ol days.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        12 lb brisket for $11.88.

The good ol days.

yup I can remember them being .79/ as well

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          Everything is up. We havent ate at a bbq restaurant the past 6 months, and have almost stop dining out all together.
          That’s us as well. I cook a lot more it seems. There comes a point when the food vs value is just not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

yup I can remember them being .79/ as well
            I can remember selling the for .69 cents in the 80`s and that was well below cost. It took one person just to weight and price them and then put them out.

Comment

We don’t have a whole lot of eat out options in our area so I’ve been extra shocked a few times, lately.

There’s a little BBQ place across the MO line about 15 minutes from us that we hit on rare occasion.

1/2 smoked chicken with two sides - $13

Ribeye with potato and salad - $26

Cheese burger w fries - $9

Dang good food, but pretty pricey. I get it, they have to make a living and it’s a good time…but that’s high dollar when you have a family of 4!

Comment

Poon. BBQ and TEX MEX is poor mans food and should be the cheapest on the planet.......Folks just need to learn how to cook lol
                That'll be the day. They just put it on the card and pay the minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post

I almost never buy any beef, pork, fish or chicken unless it`s on sale. I check the local adds online weekly and stock up on the items we eat regularly. Bought 4 big eye round roast (3.49 lb.) just this week for jerky. There`s almost no cut of meat that you can`t buy for 30% off pretty often and 40- 50% on a few cuts a few times a year. You just have to look.
                  10-4 on that

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post

That'll be the day. They just put it on the card and pay the minimum.
                    Not wrong. I'm no expert by any means but it's nice to be able to make chicken salad out of chicken $%^^&

Comment

Poon. BBQ and TEX MEX is poor mans food and should be the cheapest on the planet.......Folks just need to learn how to cook lol
                      I'm not the poon paying ridiculous prices sir. I cook chicken and pork. Lol.

Comment

Killens in Pearland is $30 a pound for brisket.

Comment

Eating out is a luxury….not a necessity
                          If you can’t afford it? Stay home

Comment

Working...
                          X