No announcement yet.

Official Astros 2024 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly didn’t think they’d sign Hader for that money to be a setup man, and they apparently ran this by Pressly before the signing, but it’s still good to lay it out there.

That said, this thing about Verlander and France experiencing should issues is concerning.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
      I honestly didn’t think they’d sign Hader for that money to be a setup man, and they apparently ran this by Pressly before the signing, but it’s still good to lay it out there.

That said, this thing about Verlander and France experiencing should issues is concerning.
      Agree. You don’t pay $95 million to a closer to not close. Hadn’t heard about France

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post

Agree. You don’t pay $95 million to a closer to not close. Hadn’t heard about France
        I hadn’t either until I went to read up on the Verlander report earlier. That’s when the whole France thing came up.

Astros right-hander Justin Verlander is a few weeks behind his normal Spring Training schedule due to a shoulder issue. He …

Comment

OK, let's get this thing done!! Maybe they should just make Verlander the pitching coach...

Comment

Seen a couple posts online about the Stros pursuing Blake Snell. Any truth or possibility to this?

Comment

Seems legit and from good sources. It originally broke yesterday afternoon or evening.

It would make sense with Urquidy’s status now up in the air.

Comment

Opening day tomorrow! Espada still hasn’t made his last 2 reserves and last 2 bullpen spots yet. Just a reminder, Friday game is only on Apple TV. LFG!!!

Comment

Still haven’t announced final roster, but Julks optioned to AAA. Guessing it will be Kessinger and Singleton

Comment

Pitching staff is in tatters to start the year.......gonna be interesting....

Comment

One more hour to go time!

Comment

Do Eeeeettttttt

Comment

Does it look like Tucker is over that funk he ended the year in last season? That was really wild. Guy was hitting good pitchers best pitches 430' EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, then couldn't hit his *** with both hands, almost overnight. Most power hitters are streaky, but that was bordering on strange.

Comment

Tough to judge going by Spring results.

Biggio and Bagwell used to have issues in the postseason as well, but that’s the first time I remember Tucker disappearing in the playoffs.

Comment

great first inning

Comment

Jake from rake farm!

Comment

Working...
                                X