Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

My tracking buddy Zeke!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0285.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	26751175

We had hunters at the ranch this week. The first night one of the guys shot a little boar. The shot was high, but the little pig only ran about 75yds. Zeke found him lickity split!

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 03-22-2024, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0300.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	26751178

Then tonight another guy shot a nice blackbuck. Entry was in a good spot, but the exit was way back. He either wheeled at the shot or the hunter misjudged the angle. At the start of the track there was very little sign. I turned Zeke loose and he even had a hard time getting on a trail. After looking in several directions, it looked like he couldn’t find the right track to follow. I was trying desperately to find the next spot of blood. I was not 40yds from where it had been shot. I had only seen a few very small drops of blood. I lost track of Zeke and was starting to think we weren’t gonna find this one!

After a few more minutes the GPS indicated Zeke was stopped and not moving. He was over 200yds out. I told the hunter to hang tight and moved as fast as I could to find him. Sure enough, Zeke was chewing on his prize when I caught up to him!!!!!!

It’s sooooooo cool to see him do his thing when it all happens right. This track was about 300yds total. I’m pretty sure we would not have found this critter if it weren’t for Zeke. He gets all the credit for this one!!!!!!

Attaboy Zeke!!!!!!!!!

Bisch
      Last edited by Bisch; 03-22-2024, 11:38 PM.

Comment

His sister that I have started out really good when she was young but she got to where she hated riding in the truck and hated staying at camp when I would go hunt so I pretty much quit taking her with me. My wife has pretty ruined her I think .she likes going with me places but hates riding in truck, hates riding in can am.
        she is still a great dog just wish she liked to tag along more. But my truck has a lot less hair in it now, man does she shed like I’ve never seen.

Zeke looks great on those tracks!

Comment

Zeke loves riding in the CanAm, and loves being at the ranch. But man, he hates my truck!!!! He goes and hides as soon as he sees me loading the truck. I used to let him ride in the cab but the frigging shed hair was rediculous. I made a kennel to fit in the bed and started making him ride in the back. That’s when he started hating my truck!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Awesome write up. My JRT is a sheading machine.
            You guys booking any hunts?
            Ill give zeke something to track!
            If there ever was a super hero dog it would be a JRT

Comment

This is a cool thread, Bisch!!! Congrats to you and Zeke. Y'all make a good team....you drive him to work and he does all the working.

Comment

Way to go Zeke, great job.

Comment

That’s awesome Bisch! Congrats Zeke!

Comment

Zeke found another one for me a couple days ago! It was only about an 80yd track and only took a few minutes, but this pig died in some really thick stuff. I couldn’t see Zeke or the pig, but I know he had found it because I could hear him tugging on it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0370.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.4 KB ID:	26761572

Bisch
                    Last edited by Bisch; 04-06-2024, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Good stuff! Get ‘em Zeke!

Comment

Comment

Nice shot Bisch! Attaboy Zeke!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0448.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	26771577

Zeke found another one for me this morning. While the shot was great, the blood trail was almost nonexistent. I think I would have eventually found the pig because it only went about 80-100yds, but it would have taken a while because it went 90* off from where I had thought.

Anyway, it was a great one for Zeke to be on, and he only took about 2 minutes to find the pig!

Bisch

Comment

Good work Zeke. No matter the game scented or tracked......good hunting dogs are worth their weight in gold.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0490.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	26776947

I shot a medium size boar this evening. The shot looked great and the pig made a mad dash into the brush. It was still early with plenty of light left so I went ahead and got down and went to get Zeke. When we got back to the blind, I put Zeke on the blood soaked arrow. Initially, he veered off in a direction that the pig did not go. He bumbled around over there for just a few seconds then head back and beelined down the right trail. The pig ended up only going 30yds, so the whole thing was under a minute. 😆

Anyway, he was happy to have another pig under his belt!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X