Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

My tracking buddy Zeke!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My tracking buddy Zeke!!!!

I had this thread going in the trad forum, but there’s not hardly any traffic over there since the software switchover.

Anyway, I’m super proud of Zeke and how good of a tracker he has become so I thought I’d let everybody over here see him too!

Zeke is the best dog I have ever had, and my best buddy too!!!!!!

Go to page 4 for a recap of most all the critters Zeke found in 2023.

I am going to log his 2024 recoveries here in this thread.

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 01-14-2024, 03:44 PM.

Good boy...

Comment

Just read the whole thread, Zeke is a beast!

Comment

Nothing like a good working dog! Atta Boy Zeke!

Comment

Heart of a champion!! Zeke is a bad *** dog!!

Comment

had a bird dog name Zeke , great name for great dog congrats Bisch

Comment

I’ll start adding his 2024 recoveries here.

First was an axis doe on Friday morning. The hunter made a great shot and Zeke beelined right to this one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9800.jpg Views:	0 Size:	190.9 KB ID:	26692293

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 01-14-2024, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9805.jpg
Views:	1004
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	26692299

Then yesterday morning the same guy shot a big 175# sow. Again, another great shot. This one went about 150yds or so and Zeke struggled with it. Idk why because the blood trail was phenomenal. Anyway we actually found it before him, but he eventually did find it.

Comment

Then today, both hunters shot critters. One guy shot a fallow doe and the other one shot an axis doe. Both shots were less than stellar.

The fallow doe was first up. Zeke went right to her after about 125-150yds. He found her still alive, but barely as she couldn’t get up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9809.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.2 KB ID:	26692305

The we went to the second hunter. He told us that his shot looked low, but right in the crease. Upon inspection of the arrow we found strong evidence of a gut shot, so we backed out and waited 5hrs to take up the track. There was zero sign on the ground, so we started working our way the direction the hunter told us the deer walked off. After about 200-250yds, again with zero sign, Zeke found the doe in a thick clump of brush. She got up to run, but he tackled her. Idk if we would have found this one without Zeke!!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9819.jpg Views:	8 Size:	183.9 KB ID:	26692306

Bisch
                  Last edited by Bisch; 01-14-2024, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Attaboy Zeke!

Comment

To have a buddy that tracks also is a bonus.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          Then today, both hunters shot critters. One guy shot a fallow doe and the other one shot an axis doe. Both shots were less than stellar.

The fallow doe was first up. Zeke went right to her after about 125-150yds. He found her still alive, but barely as she couldn’t get up.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_9809.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.2 KB ID:	26692305

The we went to the second hunter. He told us that his shot looked low, but right in the crease. Upon inspection of the arrow we found strong evidence of a gut shot, so we backed out and waited 5hrs to take up the track. There was zero sign on the ground, so we started working our way the direction the hunter told us the deer walked off. After about 200-250yds, again with zero sign, Zeke found the doe in a thick clump of brush. She got up to run, but he tackled her. Idk if we would have found this one without Zeke!!!!

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_9819.jpg Views:	8 Size:	183.9 KB ID:	26692306

Bisch
                          zeke is the man!! I wish I could get my pup on more tracks so he could practice!! The one deer I shot this year he stayed home lol

Comment

You've got a good one in Zeke! Great pictures too!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9841.jpg
Views:	839
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	26698151

Zeke “found” a doe I shot a couple days ago at my home place. I put found in quotation marks because she only went 35yds, so it wasn’t much of a job for him.

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X