Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Salty H20 Thread.... Stay Salty my Friends!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, there were quite a few in the lights Saturday. I saw some people throwing live shrimp and corks down from me catching nothing. They wanted the plugs instead.

Comment

Sunday looked like a blow out so made it out both Friday and Saturday. Weather was very pleasant with a little fog Friday after sun up. Friday we trailered south to Flour Bluff hanging closer to causeway for most of the morning. Made one longer run to fish PINS producing a few reds. Lower numbers of trout for two of us but quality was there with 4 over 20" largest being over 27" and 7#. Trout are just healthier south than our normal areas in Rockport. Saturday three of us moved around a lot in Rockport managing a decent box but nothing of real size. What small trout we found were over grass in 3- 4' while reds in 18" or less. Never had a solid bite at any one location other than around noon it picked up a little. Figure moon phase didn't help us much. Looking forward to warming temps soon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5535.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.3 KB ID:	26753178
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5534.jpg Views:	0 Size:	242.2 KB ID:	26753177

Comment

Nice fish!

Comment

Nice job, got some nice flatties too!

Comment

Heck of a table! Congratulations!

Comment

Had a chance to get wet, literally, yesterday morning before work. Water was beautiful!!!! Was waist deep. And could see my feet. Caught 5, kept enough to stink up some grease.

Wife was upset she didn’t get to go with me, so she went to work a little later today so she could make a wade with me. She caught 5, 3 being in the slot. I caught 1 and lost 1.
              We only kept 2 today.

I hate fishing around the full moon. It always kicks my rear. My waders finally gave out. Leaks pretty good around the foot. Gulf Coast Waders lasted me 6 years. Planning on getting some Simms. Not sure if I’ll wait till next winter, or just go ahead and get them now.

Comment

Big kids fished for a bit last night, soaked some big mullet looking for sharks but no takers. I may head out when the moon is rising tonight and pitch some paddle tails. Thought we were gonna fish tonight but ended up remounting my motor in camp, jack plate was stuck all the way up and nothing I could do would bring it down. Pulled it and mounted on the lowest bolt holes to buy 3" more depth at least and was able to make a run to pickup kids. Sheared off one of the motor mount bolts so it's got a 1/2" galvanized carriage bolt in there for now. Lol

Bob's action plate, even unscrewing the hydraulic screws wouldn't bring it down. Motor .makes noise when I hit the switch but sounds terrible, guessing the motor is bad. I'll call Bob's on Monday.

Edit: Just delivered fajitas and kids got a 5' bull shark and 40" Red.
                Last edited by justletmein; 03-30-2024, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                  Gulf Coast Waders lasted me 6 years. Planning on getting some Simms. Not sure if I’ll wait till next winter, or just go ahead and get them now.
                  Hey, keep an eye on their website for sales, i got mine on a good sale at Roys. Been good so far. Sign up for the emails and get coupon codes.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I was going to head out on Sunday , but these south winds are brutal!

Comment

Thursday night into Friday morning. Bite picked up some around 11, and was pretty steady after midnight. Nothing huge, but only two throwbacks between us. I forgot my regular cocahoe glows at home and only had queens, which led to a ton of missed bites. Planning on going tonight and seeing if they’re still there.

Comment

You guys are killing me. Put sled in shop and wife is laid up so ibe been out of pocket. Thought I wasn’t missing much because of wind but you guys are killing it.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          You guys are killing me. Put sled in shop and wife is laid up so ibe been out of pocket. Thought I wasn’t missing much because of wind but you guys are killing it.
                          Wind has been brutal here, as you know. I passed on going out this morning with the wind forecasted to be gusting over 20….that was a mistake, it was nice for a few hours after daylight. Already had plans with the family, headed way down PINS….Im not a beach person at all but hopefully see some cool stuff.

Comment

The night bite has started early again this year. It’s not like in the summer where a couple of guys can catch 75 fish in a few hours, but on a positive note the bites you get tend to be keepers. I think we’ve had 4 throwbacks in two nights. The wind has been brutal and the water is dirty, leading to a lot of short strikes and missed fish, but we haven’t had a problem catching. We caught a two man in a couple of hours, and then filled out our old limits as well with catch and release. Gave some thought to sticking around after midnight and catching tomorrow’s limit as well, but I’m tired, and the wind picked up even more and the bite slowed anyway. Killed my first oversized tonight. 23.5 inches and sucked in a mirrodine and ended up with a treble hook in her gill. Made me sick watching her float off. It is what it is, I guess.

Comment

Sucks to kill them big ones but not worth a fine, wish they could make it make sense.

We found and followed a school of reds in the surf tonight. Wind laid down and you could see the disturbed water reflecting in the moonlight. Pitching paddle tails into them for about an hour was every cast hookup, everything was 27.999" to 32". Kids went to the jetty earlier, caught a lot of bull reds and broke off some high dollar leaders on the shark rods. I need to quit building them leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                                Kids went to the jetty earlier, caught a lot of bull reds and broke off some high dollar leaders on the shark rods. I need to quit building them leaders.
                                was my son there? He’s great at breaking stuff…lol. I am like son just don’t even touch my bay rod!

Comment

Working...
                                X