No announcement yet.

Inflation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sage for my dressing was $5.48. For about 4 tablespoon container.

Comment

I was going to quit dipping Copenhagen when it got to 0.50 cents a can

fail

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
        I was going to quit dipping Copenhagen when it got to 0.50 cents a can

fail
        That was before me but I do remember a 10 can roll for less than $10 as I sit here with a $2 pinch in lip.

Milk going from $2 to $3, a coke from $.75 to $1.50 doesn’t hurt me. The things I finance make me ache. The price of land, homes, trucks, rise in electric rates, all insurances. These are the things that take big chunks out of my paycheck every month.

Comment

$12.30 for 2 tacos last night. Ouch...

Comment

26 bucks for 2 Old Fashions with my Blackened catfish and shrimp made me come home and pour straight whiskey with tears. Inflation is rough on an old retired guy on a fixed income. SS gave me an 8% raise and got it it back in an increase in medicare. I did get a 2% on my TRS. Oh well just 1 Old Fashion next time

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
              don't forget Shrinkflation. companies are downsizing product and raising prices.
              This is a real thing along with downgrading product to hit a certain retail. Which i have been doing heavily the past 2 years. (Just like everyone else).

Comment

Interesting read on inflation. Shows how they changed the formula and what inflation really is.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                  I find that retailers are using algorithms and BI to price and therefore prices are fluctuating up and down steadily. If you just grab and go you may over pay heavily one time and get better market price another. Consumers are 50% of the inflation problem.
                  I think they use common core math to calculate inflation with some Enron accounting fudge factor

Comment

It's all smoke and mirrors now days!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      Interesting read on inflation. Shows how they changed the formula and what inflation really is.

This would make a lot more sense and the old formula is more believable. Things are getting truly unaffordable and unsustainable in most every aspect of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                        If something has gone down in price it's not something I buy. What I've noticed at HEB is fewer shoppers when I go. It probably doesn't matter to them because the prices are always going up, which keeps their profit the same or more than in the past.

And don't get me started on gas prices in Round Rock. There's a line of gas stations on 79 east that raise prices on Tuesdays 30-40 cents a gallon and slowly work the price back down by the weekend only to repeat the next week. It seems Murphy gas starts the increase and the other stations follow, then Murphy drops the price everyday a little bit and the others follow along.
                        Here in Temple there will bge more than 30 cents a gallon difference from stration to station!

Comment

I notice that about fuel prices around Waco also.

Comment

Working...
                          X