I hate a thief. Keep your marketplace eyes open for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate a thief. Keep your marketplace eyes open for me

My son’s truck was stolen about 6 weeks ago from Baytown, and we chalked it up as gone. Figured it would be in Mexico by now running cartel back and forth, but lo and behold, some idiot posted it for sale on facebook. That’s cool right…..wrong! My son’s an idiot and decided that he and his buddies (without telling me) would just go meet up with the guy and “resteal” it. Needless to say, their behavior tipped off the guy and he sped away. So now I'm hoping the dude slips up again and posts it up for sale. It’s a 99 7.3 powerstroke with about 285k. It has sulastic shackles in the front, bent driver side step, no front drive shaft, and a heavy homemade gooseneck plate hitch in the bed.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	2087
Size:	392.2 KB
ID:	26659194

If anyone sees this truck please text me at 979-665-7788

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
      My son’s truck was stolen about 6 weeks ago from Baytown, and we chalked it up as gone. Figured it would be in Mexico by now running cartel back and forth, but lo and behold, some idiot posted it for sale on facebook. That’s cool right…..wrong! My son’s an idiot and decided that he and his buddies (without telling me) would just go meet up with the guy and “resteal” it. Needless to say, their behavior tipped off the guy and he sped away. So now I'm hoping the dude slips up again and posts it up for sale. It’s a 99 7.3 powerstroke with about 285k. It has sulastic shackles in the front, bent driver side step, no front drive shaft, and a heavy homemade gooseneck plate hitch in the bed.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	2087
Size:	392.2 KB
ID:	26659194
      LOL ! That’s a great post ,

Comment

This dude had an airtag in his truck and tracked the thief. Then shot the thief. Feel good story.

Comment

I'd call my son an idiot also if he did that LOL

Freaking sad a thief can steal a truck and keep it that long trying to sell it.. Geez.. I guess the days of fear are gone. When they'd steal something and get rid of it or chop it up within a day or two.

Comment

Was the FB post in English or Spanish or both? Helps when looking for a specific item. White F250 - Blanco 2 Fiddy

Comment

tell your son to send the info to the police.... not worth losing life over... air tags work IF they are near wifi .... we were able to know my sons was still in houston by the toll tag , luckily they dumped the truck and we got it back unharmed

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
                tell your son to send the info to the police.... not worth losing life over... air tags work IF they are near wifi .... we were able to know my sons was still in houston by the toll tag , luckily they dumped the truck and we got it back unharmed
                Air tags don’t need WiFi. They need an iPhone nearby. I’m hoping they dump it or it runs out of diesel

Comment

Your son and his buddies probably thought they were so smart with their covert operation.

Sorry he lost his truck. Hopefully you will get a second chance at getting it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
                    Was the FB post in English or Spanish or both? Helps when looking for a specific item. White F250 - Blanco 2 Fiddy
                    English

Comment

Bet he does a quick sale or dumps it off somewhere

Comment

Police should be able to get info for Marketplace posting and I'm sure numbers were switched for meet up.

Comment

Police should be able to find out who it is off of the Marketplace post. Hate that there's people out there that would rather cheat and steal than have an honest job and mind their own business.

Comment

Up

Comment

Do you have the original FB marketplace post for the truck? Contact information for the seller? Cellphone number for texts?

Drunk and buzzed TBH vigilantes are on standby

Comment

Working...
                              X