No announcement yet.

Need a new zero turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a Bad Boy ZT Elite 60” with Kawasaki engine in early 2019. Don’t know how many hours because after about 100 hours the hour meter stopped working. I mow for 3 hours every time I mow. 2-3 times a week once I start from about now through November.

Belt, battery, blades, and oil changes are all I’ve done.

I wish I had gotten a 72” but it was the same engine and felt it would be overworked. If i had to get another it would be a Bad Boy.

I know of 2 folks that had Kubota and had nothing but issues with them.

Comment

Or get this one and a couple for back ups. I must be missing something. Price seems too low.
      Attached Files

Comment

I picked up a Scag tiger cat 2 last fall. 52” cut with a Kawasaki. I considered looking at other mowers but used my neighbors when my Hustler raptor was in the shop and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I think this is year 14 for my 54" Fastrac Super Duty with the 23hp Kawasaki. It's been a brute, I change the oil every other year, and had the hydro system serviced last year. I mow and acre and a half, and deer camp a couple times a year. She cranks every time and just keeps cuttin.
          This is what I have also & I'm on year 11 with mine. Just had a full maintenance job done, and it's ready to go for another mowing season. Only issues I've had were a bad ignition switch and the brake in one of the transmissions broke, probably because I drug it about 40 yards through the mud when we were still trying to figure out why it wouldn't start, but they just bypassed it and it runs, steers, & stops great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
            Gravely. I run a ZT HD with a Kawasaki engine and have had Zero Issues.
            This is what I have, 7 years old and still doing a great job on 4 acres.

Comment

I do have a kubota 60” z turn with a Kawasaki engine for 4 years and no issues yet. I also have a cub cadet 60” cut with a Kawasaki engine I have had since 2009 still going strong.

Comment

I believe Ferris is now built by Stihl. They look solid but no experience with them.

Comment

Originally posted by papaw View Post
                  I believe Ferris is now built by Stihl. They look solid but no experience with them.
                  i think thats the other way around Stihl has ferris build their mowers ... ferris is owned by brings n stratton

Comment

Spartan all the way for me. I mow 3 acres all told, mine is a commercial mower with the Kawasaki engine. It's a beast, 4 years in, only oil and filter changes and the occasional blade sharpening.

Comment

It’s hard to beat a Scag.
                      I wouldn’t own another Hustler Raptor. Junk.

Comment

Scag, mine is 9 years old and I’m hard on equipment, no issues, I mow 4+ acres every week.

Comment

Working...
                        X