Must be dang cold up north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=SaltwaterSlick;n26603735]

I wouldn't take that one to the bank if I was you. I'm jus' sayin'... [/QUOTE

Noted lol

Comment

Friday night it's supposedly going to be 37 degrees here. I ain't ready for the cold. I don't like it. It sucks being tired and having to get up when it's 20 something degrees outside. Especially when you wake up and hear that wind howling like a frickin banshee. Throw some snow in the mix and it's really poopy. It ain't even started yet and I'm ready for April to be here. If it's below 70 degrees outside I don't care for it.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
        That's awesome! When is the average first freeze up there? When is the peak rut there?
        Average first freeze here is October 15th. We will probably have frost in the morning. Forecast says 37 but we are down in a creek bottom and it's always colder. We are picking all the tomatoes and squash out of the garden today.

Peak rut in our area (SE Iowa) is approximately November 7th - 15th. I have killed 5 bucks in the last four years since moving here. One on November 8th, one on the 9th, two on the 11th, and one on the 18th. Any time from Halloween until Thanksgiving is awesome.

Comment

You all need to can it !!! We don't need an early cold winter right now, lol.

We're in the 20's at night tonight, been down into the low 30's for a couple of weeks now.
          Front is coming down out of Canada to push those birds.

Comment

I don’t like the forecast for 2024 winter

“Farmers’ Almanac, which has been predicting weather for over 200 years, is forecasting a potentially severe Texas winter in January and February 2024. The Lone Star State could also experience a few storms with potential for ice and sleet, which aren’t uncommon in the winter. But the Farmers’ Almanac is also forecasting a possible major storm in mid-January.”

and speaking of geese coming
            my Uncle and I were standing on wolf camp peak in west Texas @ 4700 feet and heard and saw snow geese flying @ 7000+ headed south
            ​​​​​​​super surprised to see them and how high they were flying
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 10-06-2023, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

I wouldn't take that one to the bank if I was you. I'm jus' sayin'...
              My grandma's brother's nephew's sister's cousin can't be wrong. Even if he did have that limp and stutter. Those East Texas fellas had some good lore.

Comment

Working...
              X