X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 & 8 am, 4:30 & 5;30 pm.......for the last 25+ years

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
      for those feeding at or before sunrise in the morning, I quit that due to deer "staging" before feeder goes off and they tend to know you are coming in before daylight. I started my feeder going off 45 min to an hour after sunrise that way those deer didnt stage near my feeder as I was walking in.
      I've struggled with the deer loafing before the morning throw.

In the evening when the dove are too thick they'll wipe out every kernel within seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

I've struggled with the deer loafing before the morning throw.

In the evening when the dove are too thick they'll wipe out every kernel within seconds.
        Or corn buzzards. They were abundant in goliad
        i would sometimes climb out of the blind to chase turkeys away.

Comment

I start at sunrise and 1.5 hours before sunset and adjust them once or twice throughout the season as the days change. I don't worry too much about them, I hunt the senderos and just use the feeders for trail cams and to keep deer used to feed in our pens.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            7am and 4:30 pm . Standard time.. Never change
            Same.

Comment

30 minuites before sunrise and 2 hours before last light and I adjust about every 2 weeks or so.
              Last edited by dustoffer; 09-28-2023, 07:45 PM.

Comment

0700 and 1800 for 12 seconds each throw in Comstock where we hunt.

Comment

7:10am and 7pm to start with. Adjust them to keep them at civil twilight in the morning and 1 hr before sunset.

Comment

Just set mine to daylight hours last trip... In off season, had them going off in the dark so the doves wouldn't clean 'em out before the deer had a chance...
                    Now have mornings set at 7:00 AM and evening set at 5:45... Will change the evening to 4:45 next trip down. Then will reset the clock and leave the feed times alone...
                    I get in my stands early, at least an hour before first light... best sleeping time on the planet is that 45 minutes before the world wakes up...
                    Have the feeders going off in the night time ( pre-dawn hours and after sunset) in the off-season... Otherwise the doves will flat clean it up before the deer ever have a chance to get to it...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Just set mine to daylight hours last trip... In off season, had them going off in the dark so the doves wouldn't clean 'em out before the deer had a chance...
                      Now have mornings set at 7:00 AM and evening set at 5:45... Will change the evening to 4:45 next trip down. Then will reset the clock and leave the feed times alone...
                      I get in my stands early, at least an hour before first light... best sleeping time on the planet is that 45 minutes before the world wakes up...
                      Have the feeders going off in the night time ( pre-dawn hours and after sunset) in the off-season... Otherwise the doves will flat clean it up before the deer ever have a chance to get to it...
                      This

Comment

I just adjust it back an hour at standard time and up an hour at daylight savings

Comment

Working...
                        X