Feeder times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder times

What are your preferred corn feeder times?

Do you adjust them as the days get shorter or just set a compromise time and leave it all season?

I typically go with 715 (4-5 sec) and 815 (3 sec) in the am and 4:45 (3 sec) in the pm after the time change. Right now I have the evening set for about 715.

Comment

Right now I have it set for 7:15am and 6:00pm

Once the times change I'll adjust to sunrise/sunset. Generally right before sunrise and 1.5 hours from sunset

Comment

7:45 and 5:30 now
        It'll be 6:45 and 4:30 when the time changes. I like my morning feed to be a little later (more light) to account for cloudy weather or foggy mornings that we typically have in early season.

Comment

7am and 4:30 pm . Standard time.. Never change

Comment

It can vary wildly depending on what part of the state you're in. I have an app called sunrise/sunset. I go civil twilight in the morning and generally 1.5 hrs before sunset. Adjust them regularly or they'll be way off as the days get shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by jt400 View Post
              It can vary wildly depending on what part of the state you're in. I have an app called sunrise/sunset. I go civil twilight in the morning and generally 1.5 hrs before sunset. Adjust them regularly or they'll be way off as the days get shorter.

Exactly what I do - adjusting every few weeks in an attempt to train the deer that first light means chow time. Not that it always works but I think it is worth the small effort it takes to make the changes.

Comment

I keep mine at 20 minutes before actual sunrise and about 1hour before sunset. I change them all year to keep them pretty close to those times.

Bisch

Comment

for those feeding at or before sunrise in the morning, I quit that due to deer "staging" before feeder goes off and they tend to know you are coming in before daylight. I started my feeder going off 45 min to an hour after sunrise that way those deer didnt stage near my feeder as I was walking in.

Comment

8:00 am and 5:00 pm. Never change them. I don’t want deer out of sight but hanging in the brush waiting for the feeder to throw as I’m getting in before daylight. That habit started when I hunted near Ballinger where deer hit the feeder immediately. These East Texas deer come when they get good and ready so it doesn’t make much difference.

Comment

Interesting comments. Exactly why I use a mechanism that adjusts to changing length of days. Daylight hours vary a lot between September and Jan.

Mine goes off at daylight( ( not sunrise) and
                      again at noon. And again 1 hour before dark. Later in the season I may add 2 more feeding and eliminate the noon feeding

I have 4 of these running. One has been running for 6-7 yrs with zero issues.

Shame the company went out of business. Turns out hunters want to know EXACTLY what time their feeder will go off.
                      Regardless if that time is correct or not

Game Country USA is the hunter’s choice for “set it and forget it” wildlife feeder mechanisms.

Big pig
                      Last edited by Big pig; 09-28-2023, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I miss the days of the photo cell feeders that adjusted them selves.

Comment

25 minutes before sunrise and move it back about 5 minutes a wee. for the morning. sometimes a second spin 45 minutes later.
                          1.5-2 hours before dark in the evening and move back accordingly with daylight.

Comment

Everytime I leave the property I pretty much have it planned when my next trip will be .. I’m 5 hours away and been on the place for 16 years so I have a pretty good idea. Using a sunrise sunset app, for the day I plan on coming back up, I set it at 15 minutes before actual sunrise time and 1.5 hours before sunset time. That gives me 15 minutes for the crack of dawn light to get up in the morning and 2 hours of corn on the ground in the evening before it gets dark .

Comment

7a & 4p in the hunting season.

Comment

Working...
                              X