Need help-Small crack in water trough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
    Crack is at the very bottom where the floor meets the wall. Any ideas? Best brand of fix-it stuff? Jb weld? Some kind of bondo or epoxy? Thanks.
    Flex seal tape.

Comment

If it's that rubberized stuff I don't think any glues or plastic welding will work. Google mihht be your friend. Maybe bicycle tube patch will work.

Comment

If it is hard plastic I have fixed a few with a fiberglass patch kit.

Comment

A quick search found a person claiming silicone works and another claims JB Marine works. Best to drill a small hole at both ends of the crack to keep it from spreading and then drill a small hole on each side of the crack and wire it together first. Again assuming its a straight line crack and not very long.
          This is the Rubbermaid trough.
          Last edited by Txhunter3000; 09-11-2023, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

Garbage
              I fixed mine with Flex Seal and it worked just fine.

Comment

Google “Virden Permabilt”. They make a product specifically for this application.

Prevents seepage in basement walls. Water proof, solvent proof, epoxy paste / sealant for leak repair in concrete or steel - stock tanks, swimming pools, basement walls, storage tanks, etc.
                Last edited by Abctx; 09-11-2023, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
                  Google “Virden Permabilt”. They make a product specifically for this application.

https://virdenproducts.com/epoxy-tank-coatings/
                  I searched the website and couldn't find anything for a Rubber or black plastic tank.

Comment

As mentioned previously, plastic welding but depends on the type of plastic. If it can be “welded”, you can buy the proper plastic welding rod. If it can’t be welded, urethane adhesive or MP1 may work. 3M also makes a number of 2 part adhesives for plastic.

Comment

First I’d drill some 1/8 holes at each end of the crack to prevent it from propagating. Find a piece of durable plastic or galvanized metal for a patch. Rough each side up and clean remove residue and oil with acetone. Slather some JB weld over the crack and footprint of the patch. Once the patch has been placed. Put something of weight to hold it in place. Then cover all the edges with some more JB weld to seal it up.

Comment

Just run a bead of quality urethane caulking around the seam inside, assuming it is at the seam.

Comment

I was just about to buy one of these from TSC, any idea how it cracked? Concerned about quality. I would try plumbers goop because it doesn't dissolve like some silicones after submerged in waters. I had a shower drain they wanted to remove and repair for couple thousand and I used a long swab stick, swabbed the leak a foot under and it fixed it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X