Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best .40 cal pistol for the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
    Really!! Seems all you have to do is pull he trigger, just like you would with most guns mentioned!!
    An XD has 3 safety features designed for folks who think you just have to pull the trigger

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      If I need a gun with a gazillion safeties to keep from shooting myself, then I'd have to be a special kind of stupid.

The ONLY thing you mentioned above that the Glock doesn't have is the grip safety.

Let's see:

Trigger safety - check
      Loaded chamber indicator - check
      Grip safety - nope not needed.
      Then an XD is not for you

Comment

M&P

Comment

XDm

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
            Then an XD is not for you

Agreed. Had an XD45. Sold it after it let me down the second time. Went to Glock. Never looked back.

Comment

Agreed. Had an XD45. Sold it after it let me down the second time. Went to Glock. Never looked back.
              Shoot what you can depend on
              Maintenance and round selection are a must. Too many write off a gun after a perceived gun issue when all along it was just the crappy ammo they decided on.

Comment

XD Compact .40
                Ding ding ding... Or XDM .40

Comment

Shoot what you can depend on
                  Maintenance and round selection are a must. Too many write off a gun after a perceived gun issue when all along it was just the crappy ammo they decided on.

It wasn't an Ammo issue.

I've posted what the problem was on here before.

The first time dirt intrusion into the striker sleeve through the stupid little cocking indicator and it wouldn't fire. This was over ONE weekend of riding around the lease on my 4 wheeler with it strapped to my hip.

Second time was dirt getting into the mag release assembly. Took everything I had to get the mag out of it. Again after ONE weekend of riding my 4 wheeler around the lease with it strapped to my hip.

Dumped it after having it serviced the second time and bough a Glock 20. Subject to the same conditions many times over without cleaning and never a single failure.

I want guns that work in all conditions. Not some that have to be kept immaculately clean. I ain't got time for that crap.

Comment

It wasn't an Ammo issue.

I've posted what the problem was on here before.

The first time dirt intrusion into the striker sleeve through the stupid little cocking indicator and it wouldn't fire. This was over ONE weekend of riding around the lease on my 4 wheeler with it strapped to my hip.

Second time was dirt getting into the mag release assembly. Took everything I had to get the mag out of it. Again after ONE weekend of riding my 4 wheeler around the lease with it strapped to my hip.

Dumped it after having it serviced the second time and bough a Glock 20. Subject to the same conditions many times over without cleaning and never a single failure.

I want guns that work in all conditions. Not some that have to be kept immaculately clean. I ain't got time for that crap. [emoji14]
                    Sorry, I wasn't implying that you had that issue. Just some shooters in general.

Comment

3 safeties on this thing are so well made they do not get in the way of anything, all the grip safety does is prevent and accidental discharge. there is noting wrong with the grip safety, it not even noticeable

This is the Tactical 5" version SA XD
                      IN Dark Earth

Here is the Beretta 96A1

Comment

Glock 23. I've had mine for yrs. Its a gen 3 My favorite gun I own.

Comment

This is like asking which broad head is the best

Comment

Originally posted by ThePap View Post
                            3 safeties on this thing are so well made they do not get in the way of anything, all the grip safety does is prevent and accidental discharge. there is noting wrong with the grip safety, it not even noticeable

This is the Tactical 5" version SA XD
                            IN Dark Earth
                            [ATTACH]754954[/ATTACH]

Here is the Beretta 96A1
                            [ATTACH]754955[/ATTACH]
                            Great to know. There are no accidental or negligent discharges with any xD series, 1911, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                              Great to know. There are no accidental or negligent discharges with any xD series, 1911, etc.
                              I'll be sure to tell that to a guy I know who blew a hole in his hand with a 1911.

Comment

I say XD for this reason, safety. The XD has a trigger safety, grip safety, a round position indicator(chamber), and you can tell if it is cocked in the dark by using your thumb to check if the firing pin is in the rearmost position. Too easy to use and very accurate. Glocks are awesome, but their safety mechanism's are not as good, IMO. I bought mine brnad new, with night sights, for $485 at GT distributors in Austin.
                                I agree 100%. I carry a XD-40 my wife the XD-9 sun compact.

Comment

Working...
                                X