Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best .40 cal pistol for the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glock.....'nough said.

Comment

A 4 year old thread?

Comment

No 40 is the best you should only go 45 acp

Comment

Glock! Without Question!! XD's & other gun manufacturers want to be a Glock! It will never happen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tradman1971 View Post
            Glock! Without Question!! XD's & other gun manufacturers want to be a Glock! It will never happen!!!
            kool-aid drinker

Comment

Lots of new guns since this thread started 4 years ago. Check one out...

Comment

I love my xd

Comment

I have an XD and glock. They are both nice guns, as for the safety features I for one didn't buy it for that.

Years ago when I bought my first gun, I looked for all the features I could get and ended up with a Beretta 92fs, as a stock gun it had a decocker and a very large safety that I really liked. As I became more familiar with guns those features never got used because I became more confident in my ability to handle a gun. I'm not saying everyone that buys a gun is or was like me this is just my own experience.

Now I have an XD and it is a very nice gun, the fact that you have a grip safety then an extra trigger is fantastic but if you grip the gun probably and you intention is to fire there is no real difference in that and my glock.

In my belief those features are made to prevent or decrease the potential for accidental discharge but I never grab my pistol in that manner unless I'm going to fire assuming my finger goes onto the trigger that is. If it never makes it to the trigger the gun should never go off and if it does that is a manufacturer issue which is also why there is a recall on the xds 45 which I also have.

The bashing of one gun over the next, I really don't get if you like it and you can afford it then get it. If you like guns then you probably are like me and have several of them, and the best type of person is one that can pick one up and be as good with one as he is with another.

I've heard people say "I can't shot a glock", I'm not sure why but they do. If you guys buy a gun for protection I would think that you should be proficient at as many as possible. Unless you are a competition shooter.

Most good named manufacturer produce a good product. It is only personal choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePap View Post
                    Beretta 96A1 .40
                    this thing does not stop, it looks just like the 92FS.
                    X2

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                      My point was that you have to be three times as stupid to shoot yourself accidentally with an XD
                      Really!! Seems all you have to do is pull he trigger, just like you would with most guns mentioned!!

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                        Kimber is waaaaaaaay overrated and their customer service sucks
                        What he said.

Comment

Academy has the stoger cougar in 40cal for r $350 it's the same as the Beretta cougar great reviews on them

Comment

Originally posted by Pthomas View Post
                            No 40 is the best you should only go 45 acp

Oh.thanks

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                              Kimber is waaaaaaaay overrated and their customer service sucks

Originally posted by Traxx View Post
                              What he said.

This for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                                I say XD for this reason, safety. The XD has a trigger safety, grip safety, a round position indicator(chamber), and you can tell if it is cocked in the dark by using your thumb to check if the firing pin is in the rearmost position. Too easy to use and very accurate. Glocks are awesome, but their safety mechanism's are not as good, IMO. I bought mine brnad new, with night sights, for $485 at GT distributors in Austin.

If I need a gun with a gazillion safeties to keep from shooting myself, then I'd have to be a special kind of stupid.

The ONLY thing you mentioned above that the Glock doesn't have is the grip safety.

Let's see:

Trigger safety - check
                                Loaded chamber indicator - check
                                Grip safety - nope not needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X