Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

What is the best .40 cal pistol for the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glock

Comment

Although mine is a 9mm, I would vote for the Smith and Wesson M&P. I have one and and it has been 100% reliable and a blast to shoot.

Todd

Comment

Xd40 or sig Have both and they are both great guns

Comment

I have over 10,000 rounds through my XD.40. Love that gun. I carry it when hunting. You cannot go wrong with Glock either, but I only have the G36(.45), but I only have 800 rounds through it.

Comment

Originally posted by morris View Post
            I would look at the new XDM compact....I like it alot better.
            I like my .40 xd. XDM is an improvement

Comment

For a gun I wasn't gonna carry but plink around with a Hi Point is what I'd get. For something I might need to rely on to save my life and absolutely no doubt go bang every time I'd get a Glock.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                XD Compact .40
                agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                  I think the "well priced" request kind of drops the USP out of the running.
                  Quality comes at a price. This pistola is well worth the coin.

Comment

Originally posted by rcjunky007 View Post
                    X2
                    I have four cz's in 9mm, .40sw, 10mm, and .45. Cz 40p is my everyday carry weapon. Wouldn't give up any of them.
                    Two here. 9mm and .40sw. P-07 Duty's. I like being able to switch out to either have the de-cocker or the safety.

>E

Comment

Beretta 96A1 .40
                      this thing does not stop, it looks just like the 92FS.

cant forget the Springfield XD .40, or the Ruger SR40

Comment

Originally posted by Bear95 View Post
                        I am looking for a reliable and well priced used .40 cal semi auto pistol. I just want to know what i should expect for pricing and reliability.
                        reliable and well priced used .40 cal semi auto - Look at police turn in(s).

Bud's Guns - $320

Browse our Product 411555599 in Mags on BudsGunShop.com. Use our advanced product search tools to find exactly what you are looking for!

Comment

EAA Witness or SAR B6P

Comment

My first was an XD40.....tiger recommending the XD must have had MUCH better luck than I did, mine would jam constantly, and was sent back to SA a couple of times. They improved it but never fixed it. They always claimed it was in spec and functioning correctly......okay, then why did you recut the feed ramp? Mine was so unreliable, I purchased an old used Smith 4006 to finish the shooting portion of the police academy.

After that experience, I tried a Glock. Never a problem with it, the dang thing just worked. It wasn't really comfortable in my hands, but it worked.

Then the M&P line hit the market and I tried one of those. It's my favorite of all (aside from my 1911). Just feels right in the hand, high capacity, shoots good, accurate and above all else, it's reliable, just as reliable as the Glock, alright without as much proven track record.

I have shot Sigs, and I'm not a fan really. They are nice guns, no doubt, but I hate the triggers, and they are relatively heavy compared to the others.

I now carry a Glock 23, only because it can use the same mags as my duty weapon and that of 99 percent of the cops I work with. I'm growing to life the grip, and the gen 4 grips are way better IMO.

Comment

I loved my CZ light duty before I lost them in the boating accident.

Comment

G23

Comment

Working...
                                X