What cigar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acc05R1 View Post
    Quality about to hit the floor. Supply won't be able to keep up with demand if HSA opens stores here. Taxes will be ridiculous. And the list goes on. I'll keep buying quality aged stock until the market, and more importantly, the crops rebound.
    This

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      I am hoping being that Cuba is so close this will flood the market and drive the price down on them.
      Unfortunately, this won't happen. It's estimated that the US accounts for 55% of the market already. Those that have been around awhile, have been buying Cubans for years. The past 2 years of tobacco crops have been marginal in Cuba. So poor, that the famous El Laguito factory has started rolling other marcas like Partagas and montecristo. That should say something that the crop isn't even at a high enough standard to continue rolling large quantities of Cohibas. But then again, I'm just a small fish in the CC game, and have limited knowledge of what's really going on.

Comment

Guys I'm needing advice for a good stick for a bachelor party. I think a mild, full flavor smoke would be good and keep the "weaker stomached" gents from heaving all over the place, lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
          Guys I'm needing advice for a good stick for a bachelor party. I think a mild, full flavor smoke would be good and keep the "weaker stomached" gents from heaving all over the place, lol..

Arturo Fuente Sungrown Rosado. Smooth and not to strong. Maybe about ten per stick.

Comment

Unfortunately, this won't happen. It's estimated that the US accounts for 55% of the market already. Those that have been around awhile, have been buying Cubans for years. The past 2 years of tobacco crops have been marginal in Cuba. So poor, that the famous El Laguito factory has started rolling other marcas like Partagas and montecristo. That should say something that the crop isn't even at a high enough standard to continue rolling large quantities of Cohibas. But then again, I'm just a small fish in the CC game, and have limited knowledge of what's really going on.
            And now if you travel to Cuba, you can bring back 100 sticks with you. Up to $800.00 worth.

There are numerous other countries who's cigars are just as good. I do enjoy Cubans and can get them a decent prices, But use them more for special occasions.

Comment

Speaking of Cubans, good couple of mail days

I won't bore any of you with the regular production arrivals [emoji16]

Drool!!

Comment

So Im gonna be in Toronto next month for work. I was thinking about visiting the LCDH there. Can I be pretty sure of the authenticity of CC's purchased there?

Comment

Speaking of Cubans, good couple of mail days

I won't bore any of you with the regular production arrivals [emoji16]
                  What is the average price per stick when buying like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                    So Im gonna be in Toronto next month for work. I was thinking about visiting the LCDH there. Can I be pretty sure of the authenticity of CC's purchased there?

They are legit but Canadian prices are through the roof. Their import tax is so high you will pay 50-100% more for them!

Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                      Arturo Fuente Sungrown Rosado. Smooth and not to strong. Maybe about ten per stick.

Shoot, That sounds good. I, of course, will have to go get one to try first!![emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        What is the average price per stick when buying like this?
                        You probably don't really want to know 😁 As an average, the RA P30 sell for about $75 each, the BHK 56 are about $70-$75 each, and the LESF about $45 each. That should give you an idea of current market on HTF and REs.

Comment

Here's an email newsletter that a bunch of us received today, from an owner of a LCDH. Just as I stated yesterday, here we go as this is just the beginning. If you're in a position to do so, I'd stock up now. Quality is about to hit the floor, demand won't be able to keep up with supply, and prices will skyrocket for a few years. And those who have never smoked a Cuban, will truly be disappointed with what hits the market when they finally get their hands on the stock that hits the US market. Good thing some of us saw this coming and have enough to last for quite awhile.

Oh, and good thing these arrived today [emoji16]

Comment

Beautiful cigars. Thanks for sharing the info you have.

Comment

So it sounds like stocking up now is a good idea?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had good Cubans and bad ones and have seen many counterfeits. I used to be a seaport ops CBP agent so have had and seen many. I've had better from other Caribbean islands so not going crazy over the Cuban thing other than what's it will do to market price of all cigars.

Comment

Working...
                                X