No announcement yet.

What cigar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unwinding under the no smoking sign by the pool....

Trying out one of my brown bag cigars. Gran Habana Azteca, not bad at all. Very peppery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429653846.313358.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	24375867

Comment

When you guys buy boxes online, how long do you let them sit at the correct humidity range before smoking? As opposed to buying cigars from a shop humidor?

Comment

My wife was visiting local cigar shops this weekend handing out brochures on a cigar study and she brought me this home. I enjoyed it.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429662801.110351.jpg
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	24375878

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
          When you guys buy boxes online, how long do you let them sit at the correct humidity range before smoking? As opposed to buying cigars from a shop humidor?

Two years if I'm aging that is. Seriously though, I'll let them rest 3-4 weeks on average.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
            My wife was visiting local cigar shops this weekend handing out brochures on a cigar study and she brought me this home. I enjoyed it.

[ATTACH]708299[/ATTACH]

One of my favorite NC's

Comment

I dont buy many boxes but anything I get sits in my humidor for 2 months minimum before I smoke it. I hate smoking a stick straight from a stores humi. I never enjoy it as much as if I let it sit for a while

Comment

Running low on the CCs I have left so need to hide them.

What are some good recommendatuons on NCs for daily smokers. I have some Guhrkas that I enjoy. Picked up a Butero today and wasn't as good as I remember it being so looking for a new regular smoke to go to

Comment

I am a fan of anything Garcia, Fuente, Montecristo, and Partagas.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                    I'm a huge Fuente fan but if it was a couple a week I'd be at CC prices. I'm gonna have to try some of the Garcia and some of the NC Portages, their CC is one my favorite cigars I've ever smoked.

The Montecristos that I've gotten around here seem to be hit or miss

Thanks for the suggestions BH gonna have to go by tomorrow before this weather rolls in

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                      That is one I picked up yesterday from the cigar shop in BR. The one I got from you is still chilling in the humi i know its gonna be great!

Gotcha. I've come to really enjoy the Mi Amor. Hope you have a safe trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post

Pretty good list there. I also enjoy a fair amount of AJ Fernandez cigars.

Comment

I prefer to buy my boxes online myself. I usually will smoke one cigar pretty quick, but after that I don't touch them usually for 2-3 months

Comment

Oops, I did it again! New wineador arrived today. Need to get the plastic smell out very quickly in order to store an inbound purchase that should be here next week. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I've already wiped the inside down with warm water and mild detergent. The door will be left open for a couple of days, then filled with newspaper and closed for another couple of days to assist in odor elimination. Then the seasoning process. Patience is key, however, I have no other means of storage once the new order arrives that will allow the temperature control that is needed for cigars. I do not want a potential beetle problem.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429754432.255228.jpg
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	24375970

Comment

I need to get one of those! You guys are killing me with this stuff. I'm gonna have to dump an ar and upgrade

Comment

FYI (and for anyone else looking for a wineador). I bought mine from air-n-water.com. This model is the NewAir 281E. They have several models to chose from. The most important aspects to me are to get one that has thermoelectric cooling (non-compressor), and has a means to control the temperature to your desired temp. If you use the code "buynow", it will save you an additional 20% off. They also have a scratch/dent section. If you need to know more, feel free to ask. The other wineador in the background is the NewAir CC-300 model, and comes with drawers and shelves.
                                Last edited by acc05R1; 04-22-2015, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X