• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have to break my pipe out too...

Enjoy guys!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post
      Enjoyed every bit of this one, aged almost 6 years!

I know where one of those is! Rainy day cigar! Look's like good stuff guys

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
        I know where one of those is! Rainy day cigar! Look's like good stuff guys

Lol...I think I have @ 3/4 box from 2009 left

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413804501.817879.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	24338535Spent a lil time with some friends in a lil cigar bar in Little Rock last week. Good cigar and some Mcallen 18 made for a nice evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
            Lol...I think I have @ 3/4 box from 2009 left
            This is the need for diversity. If I diversify like you, the cigar's can't help but to age themselves because of all the different choices you have!

Comment

Originally posted by shadro View Post
              Enjoying a Padron and some scotch with my dad and brother.

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post
              Enjoyed every bit of this one, aged almost 6 years!
              Are y'all soaking those in your drinks? Heard about that but never tried it.

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
              Good cigar and some Mcallen 18 made for a nice evening.

Macallan, man. Come on, let's be civilized rednecks.

Comment

Just got back from a week in Antigua and enjoyed some very nice habanos. Bolivar No. 1 is a great smoke. Had a couple of the punches and some monte cristos and a decent Romeo y Juliet. Might have to contact a friend I made down there to get my hands on a sample of some others.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

Macallan, man. Come on, let's be civilized rednecks.

Brother, in DT Little Rock thats about as civilized as it gets. Not much selection.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    Are y'all soaking those in your drinks? Heard about that but never tried it.
                    No, not soaking the cigar in the scotch. Enjoying it while smoking a cigar is all.

There are liquor infused cigars available. I've not seen or read of anyone successfully pulling this off at home (though, I'm sure somebody somewhere has)

Cigars will change a little over time, in proper storage. Some are OK as a young cigar, others get better with age. 6 years is a nicely aged cigar. Expect to see the cello wrap on it in a heavy yellow color, and maybe some crystallization on the tobacco known as "bloom" (do not confuse this with mold, they look similar if you don't know what you're looking at. More than one shop has tried to pawn off molded cigars as having bloom)

I like to give my good cigars at least a year in the humidor to "marry" all of the flavours together.

There are so many factors that can influence how a cigar tastes: What part of the plant the leaf came from, how often it was turned over during fermentation, climactic conditions the year it grew, ratio of wrapper/binder/filler.

What you drink while smoking the cigar can completely change the flavor and your enjoyment of it as well. Lots of folks like scotch or bourbon, others like wine. I used to love different beers with my cigar. Now I don't drink, and I am trying different tea and coffees with my cigars, and finding some interesting results. Sometimes, a really good soda will make flavors pop in a certain cigar.

In the nearly 20 years I've been smoking cigars, I am still constantly amazed by the different flavor combinations, and what works, and what doesn't.

Comment

Gummi, great info! It still hold true that my #1 cigar/ drink combo is a cup of maxwell house with a little milk and some honey paired with a regular label Monte Cristo. What you enjoy with your cigar completely changes said cigar

Comment

Any suggestions of shops in Houston? Around Galleria area or on west side off 290? Ill be in town with a buddy and we want to visit someplace new.

Comment

Not familiar with any shops on that side of town but if you happen to wonder up by the woodlands there's a place called Woodlands Fine Cigars

582 Sawdust Rd, The Woodlands, TX 77380

Comment

Perdomo lot 23 Maduro this evening. Reaffirms my opinion on this cigar

Comment

Always does. When I think Nicaragua, I think this and padron... some of the best burning, tasting cigars around for the cost

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                                Brother, in DT Little Rock thats about as civilized as it gets. Not much selection.
                                Was referring to the misspelling of Macallan. A drink that good deserves respect for the name. It don't come from the Valley.

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                                No, not soaking the cigar in the scotch. Enjoying it while smoking a cigar is all.
                                Ok. I asked because the ends of y'all's cigars look like wet sponges.

Appreciate the other info you shared. I definitely agree on the leaf difference. I've purchased a couple cigars multiple times and had a completely differently experience between Purchase #1 and Purchase #2 two years later.

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
                                It still hold true that my #1 cigar/ drink combo is a cup of maxwell house with a little milk and some honey paired with a regular label Monte Cristo. What you enjoy with your cigar completely changes said cigar
                                Agreed, and I love the coffee route as well. Need something to drink as most cigars make me spit all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X