Kicked off lease! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate that you are losing a lease.

before the bashing starts I could be losing one of my hunting spots because of ownership change.

Landowners are exactly that owners, lease contracts can be broken. granted money should be returned , but deer hunters are not the main income of landowners. They have to do what is best for them. Times are hard for ranchers and farmers. sorry just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by twztid View Post
      no contract to keep land till years end?! Ugh horrible land owner. Go this weekend and fill the freezer with meat!
      x100

Comment

There's going to be a 130 acre track up for lease in northern Jasper county next year....I'm giving it up so I can get on another lease with family. If you're interested let me know and I'll get you the landowners contact info.

Comment

It takes a year at least to sell a ranch usually, say its a $2000 an acre ranch of 500 acres, $1 million dollar sale, do you think you would wait on deer hunters to finish deer season beofore you actually wrote a check and closed the deal? You should have had a written lease with a liquidated damage clause in event of sale so you would have been able to get some of your money back depending on what season you lost due the change in ownership. To suggest you and members off of the site go shoot it out shows you are not much less than a criminal, you have a lease, you are losing it, so you want to get even by overharvesting and taking in guests who were not on the lease and actually become criminals if they were not paying members, oh, I get it, i feel I am getting cheated so I must bash the landowner and go cheat him to get even?? 2 wrongs make it right huh?? Shows you how no ethics or morals, anybody who agrees with this theory is certainly no better than the alleged landowner and just lowers himself. The landowner has the legal and moral right to sell his land, you do not have the right to go shoot it up no mattter what happened, what are you blasters going to do if the landowner shows up and tell the game warden this one and this one is not on the lease and are treaspassing?? Then the landowner will have the right to terminate the lease on the spot and lock all of you out and there goes any right of recovering your lease money, now you could be sued by the landowner for overharvesting deer over the lease quota and GW could file on all of the "guests"?? Look in the mirror, its your fault you did not insist on a written lease with such a clause, sounds like you were not on very good terms with your landowner anyways as you did not know it was selling?? Its like some of the others pointed out, nobody would want you on there lease after reading your comments, because if you do this you will do about anything in the way of cheating, including a fellow hunter or worse yourself in the end.

Comment

That's too bad. Bummed for ya.

Comment

To be honest, I would do the same thing if I was the new land owner. They know that the probability is high the lease holders would shoot anything and everything as soon as they found out they're losing the lease. Maybe you would maybe you wouldnt. Regardless, if im the new landowner and I care about deer hunting then I would get the lease holders off asap and dont take the chance. My .02 cents. Sorry that you are losing the lease this time of year.

Comment

Ha!

Originally posted by jcl View Post
                Does this mean everybody on here can come out for a "group hunt" make it a good last week on the lease. Probably even get help taking down some sstands!
                Ha! I'm in!

Comment

After reading some of these comments, I understand why landowners are reluctant to grant access or lease without jacking up the price or setting stringent rules...

Poor situation? Definitely! Does acting poorly in return do any good? Absolutely not!

And yes, I am a landowner that leases out around 5000 acres for hunting.

Comment

Sorry to hear, probably be a Sub-Division by 1 jan 2012.

Comment

There are a whole lot of assumptions in this post. Who ever said anything about poaching, letting non-lease members hunt, or decimating the deer herd? If the hunters have been putting in the time/money/work to manage the land for bigger deer, (not the landowner) why isn't it their right to take a few extra young bucks off the place before they leave? (staying within the lease quota and tpwd laws of course). I see nothing legally or morally wrong, not sure why that makes me or the hunters "criminals."

Originally posted by ratterrier View Post
                      It takes a year at least to sell a ranch usually, say its a $2000 an acre ranch of 500 acres, $1 million dollar sale, do you think you would wait on deer hunters to finish deer season beofore you actually wrote a check and closed the deal? You should have had a written lease with a liquidated damage clause in event of sale so you would have been able to get some of your money back depending on what season you lost due the change in ownership. To suggest you and members off of the site go shoot it out shows you are not much less than a criminal, you have a lease, you are losing it, so you want to get even by overharvesting and taking in guests who were not on the lease and actually become criminals if they were not paying members, oh, I get it, i feel I am getting cheated so I must bash the landowner and go cheat him to get even?? 2 wrongs make it right huh?? Shows you how no ethics or morals, anybody who agrees with this theory is certainly no better than the alleged landowner and just lowers himself. The landowner has the legal and moral right to sell his land, you do not have the right to go shoot it up no mattter what happened, what are you blasters going to do if the landowner shows up and tell the game warden this one and this one is not on the lease and are treaspassing?? Then the landowner will have the right to terminate the lease on the spot and lock all of you out and there goes any right of recovering your lease money, now you could be sued by the landowner for overharvesting deer over the lease quota and GW could file on all of the "guests"?? Look in the mirror, its your fault you did not insist on a written lease with such a clause, sounds like you were not on very good terms with your landowner anyways as you did not know it was selling?? Its like some of the others pointed out, nobody would want you on there lease after reading your comments, because if you do this you will do about anything in the way of cheating, including a fellow hunter or worse yourself in the end.

Comment

i feel for ya! but i wouldnt shoot up the place. thats not wildlife management by any means. JM.02

Comment

Originally posted by Big-Ed View Post
                          After reading some of these comments, I understand why landowners are reluctant to grant access or lease without jacking up the price or setting stringent rules...

Poor situation? Definitely! Does acting poorly in return do any good? Absolutely not!

And yes, I am a landowner that leases out around 5000 acres for hunting.
                          If the landowner treats the hunters (paying customers) with honesty and respect, they're going to return the favor 99% of the time. This owner didn't do that, so he (and the new owner as a result) deserve whatever these hunters leave him with. Treat your hunters right and you won't have any problems, either.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                            If the landowner treats the hunters (paying customers) with honesty and respect, they're going to return the favor 99% of the time. This owner didn't do that, so he (and the new owner as a result) deserve whatever these hunters leave him with.
                            I disagree. I'm not going to be a jerk just because someone treats me poorly. As a responsible adult, I feel it is my place to do the RIGHT thing regardless of how others act. My integrity is worth more than giving someone what they deserve.

I'm not perfect. Thankfully my Savior isn't going to give me what I deserve! I'll try to follow His example.

Comment

Sorry that my comments are off-topic from the OP and sorry they lost their lease. Hopefully something good will come of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big-Ed View Post
                                Sorry that my comments are off-topic from the OP and sorry they lost their lease. Hopefully something good will come of it.
                                Can I have access to hunt on 100 of your 5000 acres

Comment

Working...
                                X