Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscribed

Comment

Will be hunting in Colorado again if my mule deer plans don't work out.

Comment

I am headed back to the Gila...I hope

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
          I'm putting in the Gila with an outfitter for archery this year. Got a 30% chance with him of drawing.
          If you getting getting these odds, what outfitter are you using? If your outfitter told you that, I believe he is embellishing a little.

Comment

Unit 24 2nd season was an elk bust...what crazy backpacking ideas I had were fulfilled by some other Texans that didnt see squat...made me feel a bit better not goin overboard...saw plenty of tree stands and outfitter hideyholes on Burro Mountain. Im gonna attempt to use Gunnison as a base and research the surrounding units...54,55, 551 etc archery...I want meat...Im not particular between cow and bull. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Hey gents, selling my used pack of anyone is interested:
              Tenzing TZ5000, Max-1, needs repairs

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                If you getting getting these odds, what outfitter are you using? If your outfitter told you that, I believe he is embellishing a little.

3%......30%.... What's the difference?

Comment

I have spent the last year training and working with my two mules. One of them was so crazy a#% wild you could not catch her. They are doing great and this year I will be hunting with them in NM or CO.

I'm due for a 1st choice elk tag in NM. He'll I'm batting 2-16 as a resident.

Comment

We will be packing horses back up in Southern CO again.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                      Based on the picture being stamped from Vaquero Outfitters he was hunting 18B in Arizona on a 450,000 acre private ranch. That is the only place they guide for elk anymore. And yeah, I fully believe he was passing on 350's. I would have too on that hunt.
                      X2

Comment

[quote=ELKAHOLIC;10994851]
                        Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post

Don't put in for the Wasatch! after a 9 year wait, what a let down.
                        Honestly with Utah having such an early season for archery, I won't be putting in again.
                        Still deciding on if I will keep my mule deer points going there. If I do I dang sure wont be going back to the Wasatch!
                        PM me I found a Utah honey hole last year helping a buddy scout for mulies. Eastern side of the state in the la salles.
                        Last edited by Texans42; 01-30-2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by supertrooperl14 View Post
                          I have spent the last year training and working with my two mules. One of them was so crazy a#% wild you could not catch her. They are doing great and this year I will be hunting with them in NM or CO.

I'm due for a 1st choice elk tag in NM. He'll I'm batting 2-16 as a resident.
                          Chad, that makes not drawing as a non-resident seem not so bad

Comment

I'm looking for a good draw tag for mountain goats, stare doesn't matter. Hopefully I have lots of time, I'm just looking for a realistic draw chance in an area with good goats. Anyone know anything interesting?

Comment

Originally posted by txmuleyman View Post
                              We will be packing horses back up in Southern CO again.

How far do you guys go back in with mules?

Comment

Have any of you guys hunted elk solo? If so, what were your experiences? I'm having a hard time finding someone to go with me as a backup to my mule deer plans.

Comment

Working...
                                X