Comment

Another

Found another one
      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome bulls Pernell!

Comment

okay Pernell, which unit?
          You convinced me to put in for New Mexico next year!
          and I will sit a water hole if it means success like that, and I'll look good doing it and even video my own hunt!!!

After about 3 hours I get bored, unless I've hiked my butt off and am hurting, then a recovery day watching a water hole would be fine.

I guarantee I will spend some time watching some elk wallows this year, with the whole season to hunt a lot of things will get tried this year.....

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post
            and I will sit a water hole if it means success like that, and I'll look good doing it and even video my own hunt!!!

After about 3 hours I get bored, unless I've hiked my butt off and am hurting, then a recovery day watching a water hole would be fine.

I guarantee I will spend some time watching some elk wallows this year, with the whole season to hunt a lot of things will get tried this year.....
            You got to put in for unit 15, 16a, 16d I think that is the 3 best units, but 23 is a sleeper and you draw chances go way up in that unit. My son killed his elk in 23.

Comment

I've hunted 15 twice and it was amazing both times. I still see one big boy squealing at us in the middle of the meadow with his 40 cows as the sun set on my last day. Simply awesome country.

Comment

For anybody who wanted to see how much stuff you can pack for a backpack hunt. Here ya go.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/41533847"]Gear for the hunt. on Vimeo[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                  For anybody who wanted to see how much stuff you can pack for a backpack hunt. Here ya go.

Gear for the hunt. on Vimeo
                  Can't see it.

Comment

Thought you guys might enjoy a little game...guys from AT were doing this and I thought it was awesome...especially with a cross wind like we had today, really made me work for my shots.

Here's the rules, grab 5 arrows, mark off shots and 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 yards. Do whatever you do for a warm up (Pilates, Miller Lite, or a prayer). Then shot one arrow at each distance.

Here's my results:

And here was the wind:

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
                      Thought you guys might enjoy a little game...guys from AT were doing this and I thought it was awesome...especially with a cross wind like we had today, really made me work for my shots.

Here's the rules, grab 5 arrows, mark off shots and 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 yards. Do whatever you do for a warm up (Pilates, Miller Lite, or a prayer). Then shot one arrow at each distance.

Here's my results:

And here was the wind:

I bet that wind made it tough! I'll play the game tomorrow and post my results- although I can only go to 40 at my house

Comment

Do it with whatever distances you can manage buddy. And the wind was a convenient excuse.

Comment

You got my blood pumping this morning Pernell !!!!About to start practicing on my newly redone used target!Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1343311172976.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	24097410
                          Last edited by ELKAHOLIC; 07-26-2012, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post

After sitting 3 hours on a water hole in the Gila? You will be anything but bored!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post

That's normal shooting for amarillo!

I had one Saturday a couple Weeks ago without wind, even though it was 104 degrees I was out there shooting and setting pins because I didn't know if we would have another day like that before season.
                              A steady wind is easy to shoot, the gusting wind is what gets you.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                                You got my blood pumping this morning Pernell !!!!About to start practicing on my newly redone used target![ATTACH]368254[/ATTACH]
                                Looks good.

Comment

Working...
                                X