Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old killer View Post
    Not much weight lost in my camp.
    When we fill a 150qt igloo with ice we make room for a peach cobbler, 1/2 gal vanilla ice cream, and 10# dry ice. Really good on a belly full of gumbo and rice.
    That's my kind of camp!!

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
      That's my kind of camp!!
      X2

Comment

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Comment

Hiked in 4.6 miles with 3,100 feet elevation gain four a weekend scouting trip. Rained a lot, woke up to 4 bulls and 4 bucks within 100 yards of my tent.
          Saw a big herd of elk, with at least ten bulls up at timberline. Was looking down on then from my camp at 12,200 feet.
          Then dropped out and did some fly fishing, good flows on the South Platte in Eleven mile canyon and had this doe come petty close.
          Attached Files

Comment

Elk tag finalized!!!

I wasn't successful in any draws this year and after last years experience in a limited unit (FANTASTIC) I didn't want to go back to OTC.

I bit the bullet and bought a Colorado Unit 76 Tag.

If any of y'all have any pointers let me know!!! Going to be doing tons of research.

I am super stoked!!!! It takes a non-res about 15 pp's to draw this tag. I know there has been a fire but I still think it will be a good tag.

Man, when the Elk bug bites, it digs in deep!

Brandon

Comment

FYI, central Colorado mosquitos have been bad this year, hopefully an early freeze will help for hunting season but for all the summer scouting trips you better be prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post
                FYI, central Colorado mosquitos have been bad this year, hopefully an early freeze will help for hunting season but for all the summer scouting trips you better be prepared.
                Thanks for the tip. Headed to Pagosa next week to scout and was wondering just how bad they were going to be. We were covered up with them last year in early September in our spot.

Comment

11 Days left before the start of my elk tag

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, it has been so dry down here, I almost forgot what a mosquito was.

Comment

I have a choice of hunting 9/14-18 or 9/26-30 in unit 65, Colorado.
                      Which would you choose? I will be archery hunting on private land and Nat'l forest.

Comment

Originally posted by skyhawk View Post
                        I have a choice of hunting 9/14-18 or 9/26-30 in unit 65, Colorado.
                        Which would you choose? I will be archery hunting on private land and Nat'l forest.
                        The 9/26-30.

Comment

Originally posted by csmetreyeon View Post
                          What do you guys pack for food for day packs?
                          MRE's.

Comment

The 9/26-30.
                            X2

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                              X2
                              Thanks, that's the way I was leaning...I have always hunted earlier in the month, and it seemed to be before the rut was in full swing.

Comment

Originally posted by skyhawk View Post
                                Thanks, that's the way I was leaning...I have always hunted earlier in the month, and it seemed to be before the rut was in full swing.
                                How did you like hunting before the rut? The last two years I have hunted the last weeks of Archery and bulls were already herded up and bugling a lot (at least last year) but NOT coming to calls.

I am curious if earlier in the season they are more interested in BUILDING there herd instead of guarding and corralling what they have. Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X