No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunted last year with H&A unit 5b, Andy and the crew are top notch guys and can't wait to get drawn again and seal the deal this go around, Even though I didn't get a bull it was a learning experience and eventually my time will come. Yeah Trevor shot a stud and is a good dude!

Comment

Dang!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack0311 View Post
        I hunted last year with H&A unit 5b, Andy and the crew are top notch guys and can't wait to get drawn again and seal the deal this go around, Even though I didn't get a bull it was a learning experience and eventually my time will come. Yeah Trevor shot a stud and is a good dude!
        Trevor made an awesome shot through a small opening at 47 yards. Bull ran 25 yards and done. He turned down several 300” plus trying to get the herd bull and 2 hours later after being in them screaming nonstop we got him. He scored 356”

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
          I got my first archery elk in Colorado and was able to help a friend get his first elk as well. Spark notes on my bull: Morning 1. Had located elk and closed in, spotted a bull bedded at 70-80 yards. My buddy started raking, a much larger bull than what we saw bedded approached from a direction I wasn’t ready for. We didn’t know he was there and I had very limited cover. He comes in and bugles in my face at 10 yards while pi$$Ing on himself and drooling. I drew when he walked passed me at around 13 yards to my 9:00 but got busted. He ran to 30yrd but stopped with branches over his vitals, I stayed at draw hoping for a window but he turned and walked directly away. My buddy pointed behind me and the original, satellite bull we had seen had circled in downwind; I shot him at 32 yrds. Pass through and watched him fall over in 50 yards. We think we could have called the big bull back in but I was happy to take the given opportunity. RamCat broadheads with a 504gr TAW.

Friends bull: Day 4 morning. Had somebody else blow out the bulls we were moving in on. We followed them up the mountain and decided to wait at a pond while the thermals changed. Had 8 cows and a bull come in and put on a Nat Geo quality episode in the pond. The bull quickly laid down in the mud for over 5 minutes and finally stood when an intruder up the mountain let out a bugle. 63 yard shot through both lungs and stuck in the opposite shoulder.

Congrats Patton!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got back from New Mexico. I was unsuccessful but my dad was able to seal the deal on a really nice bull! Scored 306”

Comment

Some nice bulls going down in New Mexico this season! Good job guys

Comment

Originally posted by C R Cox View Post
                Got back from guiding in NM on the 21st.
                First hunt in the Gila was good, some close calls but no shot opportunity
                Second hunt was in North NM had 2 clients and had an amazing hunt. Called in several bulls for them and both Killed. All Public Land

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                  Just got back from New Mexico. I was unsuccessful but my dad was able to seal the deal on a really nice bull! Scored 306”

Congrats to your dad on killing a great bull!

Comment

Originally posted by C R Cox View Post
                    Got back from guiding in NM on the 21st.
                    First hunt in the Gila was good, some close calls but no shot opportunity
                    Second hunt was in North NM had 2 clients and had an amazing hunt. Called in several bulls for them and both Killed. All Public Land
                    awesome bulls with lots of character. Looks like some great hunts you took your hunters on!

Comment

Great bull. Congrats!

Comment

Bulls in northern New Mexico (east and northeast of Albuquerque) bugling yet?

Comment

Dude, that’s awesome bud! Congrats to you and him.

Comment

Congrats on the bulls, Patton and everybody else! Zach and I had some success too. Zach got his first bull, and I got to call it in for him. Fun stuff.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Got a meat bull in Idaho. Brutal hunt with lots of miles covered on foot and horseback. Passed on a small 3x4 on day two only to shoot a spike on day 5. That’s the way it goes sometimes. Happy to have a pile of meat coming home though. Will definitely be hunting elk again in the future.

Congrats to all the successful hunters!

Comment

Some good elk hitting the ground, congrats all! I know of a TBHr that took a pretty good one that hasn’t been posted yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X