The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Nice work. There were a hundred elk down from the Gallatins near our place on private land, I’m going up early tomorrow to see if I can find them on public land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go get em Mr. Bill!! Good luck

Comment

For the record, y'all suck!!!!

Congrats guys, awesome animals. I'm living vicariously through you guys!

Comment

Looks like it was a bad day to be an elk!! Congrats ya'll!!!

Comment

Big congratulations to everybody who has gotten it done this year already!!

We left Colorado yesterday evening, drove through the night and got back home this morning after a 9 day DIY hunt. I called in 2 bulls to under 25 yrds on separate occasions, and one of my buddies got to full draw once but no shot opportunity. Talked with a handful of other bulls but nothing like those 2 chances.. I think there was a shot opportunity if he drew at the right time. Oh well. I’ll behasing an elk here in TX the rest of the year, hopefully sooner than later.
          Last edited by Patton; 09-13-2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Great Bull Jaker_CC ! Congrats!

Comment

News from our outfitter earlier today is that the Elk are going crazy screaming all day.

We leave early Monday AM!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                News from our outfitter earlier today is that the Elk are going crazy screaming all day.

We leave early Monday AM!
                Where are y’all headed?

Comment

I hunted in Gallatin NF yesterday. Only found prints. No wonder- 50 of the elk were 1/2 mile from our house.

They’re no dummies.

I spoke to the land owner on this side, nice guy but only allows his son’s hunt it. At least they hunt. I’ll try the fellow on the other side but understand his wife is a wildlife vet, small chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                    Where are y’all headed?

North of Folsom NM

Comment

Just got back last night from my trip. We left last Sunday to unit 78. It was tough! Steep country and a ton of other hunters. We didn’t see any elk until Thursday. (Pm me if you need info on bear. There’s a ton) Called in a 4x4 and missed him. I didn’t adjust for the steep angle and shot over his back at 30. It was an awesome experience having a bugling match though! I called him back into 60 yards, but too thick to get a shot. I sprained my ankle hiking back out in the dark that night. Tried to go back out in the morning, but couldn’t do it so we fished the last afternoon. I will be back!

Comment

I ended up with a cow . Otc in Colorado. Called a 6x6 into 30 yards but it was too thick to shoot.. this was my first time and I saw 4 bulls in 10 days all gave me the slip one way or another.. I had a blast and I'll be back next year forsure .. Congrats on the elk guys..

Comment

We’re headed to Colorado Friday morning early! I’m out of elk meat & so is ELKAHOLIC so it’s on !

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                            I ended up with a cow . Otc in Colorado. Called a 6x6 into 30 yards but it was too thick to shoot.. this was my first time and I saw 4 bulls in 10 days all gave me the slip one way or another.. I had a blast and I'll be back next year forsure .. Congrats on the elk guys..
                            Sounds like a good time with lots of potential. I'm hoping for the same luck next year when I head up

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
                              Sounds like a good time with lots of potential. I'm hoping for the same luck next year when I head up

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              Only thing I'm gonna change is my sleeping situation.. I'll bring a trailer of some sort for base camp.. 2 weeks in a tent was tough..

Comment

Leaving tomorrow, looks like I will be hunting and sleeping in snow and freezing rain. Every year I say I am not going to do UL again but three weeks after trip is over I forget all the pain and only remember the good parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X