The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
    Ha...I'm now at 3 as well. That site is gonna turn into a good'n!

I saw that challenge thread...I chimed in on that with some P&Y stats but didn't realize it was for an OTC Elk. I said 338" but that's a pretty tall order for OTC CO. I wonder if Aron is gonna go up where David has been killing those big bucks to try for his 180?

If you talk to Aron, tell him they need to film those hunts. I'd buy that DVD in heartbeat.
    Yeah, but the problem with filming them is then you show you're area and lose your spots.
    When David aired his stuff on Eastmans' there were people who knew exactly where he was hunting by the views they showed, one guy even claimed he would be sitting on the rock when David got there next year. lol.

I would say they would need to be real careful what they showed, and the hunt is hard enough, to add filming is crazy.lol

I was going to add, throwing the math in for Aron is as good and saying something about his spelling! LOL. Don't confuse him with facts.
    Last edited by a3dhunter; 03-01-2012, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I think they should add the two scores together to determine the winner. Both of them have their strong points.

BTW, have you noticed one of our "missing" TBHers is now posting on rokslide?

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post
        Yeah, but the problem with filming them is then you show you're area and lose your spots.
        When David aired his stuff on Eastmans' there were people who knew exactly where he was hunting by the views they showed, one guy even claimed he would be sitting on the rock when David got there next year. lol.

I would say they would need to be real careful what they showed, and the hunt is hard enough, to add filming is crazy.lol

I was going to add, throwing the math in for Aron is as good and saying something about his spelling! LOL. Don't confuse him with facts.
        I am guilty of scouting like that and did it for David's first deer that showed on Eastman's...not 100% sure I had the right basin but I think I was pretty close. I too heard that basin was quite busy the following season but I can't help myself. I don't have the cojones to go up there yet though.

One thing I'd like to see in a western hunt video is all the prep, gear choices , management and setting/moving camp etc... I think most folks find that boring but I really like it.

Comment

Ha ha ha Like trying to find what creek the big bass was caught from! Ha ha ha Digging the website. Hope it does well. That is where being a local comes in HUGE as 3d has already figured out.

Comment

I didn't read all the posts, there are quite a few!!! Any of you haul your 4-legged mules up to Colorado from Central Texas? We did last year and had a great time. We borrowed mules from some friends, never do that again? You never know what they are worth, or they think they are worth if you cripple of kill one???

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              I think they should add the two scores together to determine the winner. Both of them have their strong points.

BTW, have you noticed one of our "missing" TBHers is now posting on rokslide?
              I didn't notice, who is it?

Comment

Originally posted by supertrooperl14 View Post
                I just got the bugle in the mail. Sorry it took me a couple of days. Enjoy and remember practice practice practice. :
                I just got this today, I've been annoying my wife all day with it! Thanks and I owe you!

I'll know for sure by April if I can join you marshrat, gotta figure out how I'll be accumulating my vacation time with the fire department. I'll let you know buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
                  I just got this today, I've been annoying my wife all day with it! Thanks and I owe you!

I'll know for sure by April if I can join you marshrat, gotta figure out how I'll be accumulating my vacation time with the fire department. I'll let you know buddy.
                  Sounds great, bud. But more importantly, congrats on the new job.

Comment

Thanks, man. I'm pretty excited, I officially start on the 19th, so I'll have all the details by then.

Comment

One week left for the NM. draw!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                        Dang I need more time.

Comment

I thought aps weren't due until March 28th for elk... Am I mistaken?

Comment

NM does not do Pref. Points, correct???

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                              Correct!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                                Lottery only.