No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else on CO website trying to get leftover tags????

ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This is the most stressful way in the world to buy an elk tag....

Comment

Just a heads up. Anyone hunting in New Mexico that is a non resident has to validate their tag/license in person at NM Fish and Game Office. We were told this yesterday and it screws up one of the guys in our groups flight. We are supposed to get there on 9/18 and hunt on 9/19 and we were told that we have to get to the Office by 4:00 on 9/18 to get it all sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
          Just a heads up. Anyone hunting in New Mexico that is a non resident has to validate their tag/license in person at NM Fish and Game Office. We were told this yesterday and it screws up one of the guys in our groups flight. We are supposed to get there on 9/18 and hunt on 9/19 and we were told that we have to get to the Office by 4:00 on 9/18 to get it all sorted out.
          NM is hostile to non res.

I'm better now that we got a leftover elk tag!

Comment

OK I just called NMGF and spoke to someone about this. You only have to stop by an office in person if you haven't received your carcass tag in the mail. If you have bought the license and printed it out online and have received your carcass tag in the mail...then he confirmed that you are good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
              OK I just called NMGF and spoke to someone about this. You only have to stop by an office in person if you haven't received your carcass tag in the mail. If you have bought the license and printed it out online and have received your carcass tag in the mail...then he confirmed that you are good to go.
              That makes sense. If you drew a tag, I don't think it is necessary. I am going with an outfitter and purchased a landowner tag. So I guess in order for everything to be on the up and up, we have to go deal with this stuff the day before our hunt is set to begin. Luckily we were planning on arriving with a little cushion on time to deal with this. Just didn't want anyone to get caught in a bad situation.

Comment

That makes sense. If you drew a tag, I don't think it is necessary. I am going with an outfitter and purchased a landowner tag. So I guess in order for everything to be on the up and up, we have to go deal with this stuff the day before our hunt is set to begin. Luckily we were planning on arriving with a little cushion on time to deal with this. Just didn't want anyone to get caught in a bad situation.
                I have a land owner tag too. I bought my license about 2 weeks ago and the carcass tag showed up about 10 days later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                  I have a land owner tag too. I bought my license about 2 weeks ago and the carcass tag showed up about 10 days later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                  Licenses. It is important you arrive to the NM Game & Fish department in Albuquerque before 4pm on Sept 18 to buy and activate your hunting licenses. Starting this season, non-residents must validate licenses in person at NMFG. No longer possible online. Your outfitter will soon provide the exact license, unit, landowner voucher info.

This is what was sent to me from our booking agent. That is all I know. Just wanted everyone to be aware of it if it may be an issue for them.

Comment

Licenses. It is important you arrive to the NM Game & Fish department in Albuquerque before 4pm on Sept 18 to buy and activate your hunting licenses. Starting this season, non-residents must validate licenses in person at NMFG. No longer possible online. Your outfitter will soon provide the exact license, unit, landowner voucher info.

This is what was sent to me from our booking agent. That is all I know. Just wanted everyone to be aware of it if it may be an issue for them.
                    Then you don't have a license or tags?

Comment

Something you bookie requires?

Comment

The NMFG website only references private land hunts with less than 14 days till hunt start.

Comment

Use to you could just take Land Owner voucher, go online, transfer and buy/print licenses. Then you just carry both voucher and Lic on you.

This year they went to carcass tags, only place to get carcass tag is DOW office.

This is were the confusion is.

So ranch only and unit vouchers go through DOW office. If you havent officially transferred them atleast 14 days before hunt, then you need to got to office. If you did officially already transfer them you should of had a carcass tag mailed to you already.

Comment

Very hot and dry in unit we hunt in Colorado, have a fire burning now. Water is gonna be where it's at this year unless monsoons start rolling in. Good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                              The NMFG website only references private land hunts with less than 14 days till hunt start.
                              Hunting private property so maybe that is what is making this different this year.

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                              Then you don't have a license or tags?
                              That is correct. I have nothing at this time

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                              Use to you could just take Land Owner voucher, go online, transfer and buy/print licenses. Then you just carry both voucher and Lic on you.

This year they went to carcass tags, only place to get carcass tag is DOW office.

This is were the confusion is.

So ranch only and unit vouchers go through DOW office. If you havent officially transferred them atleast 14 days before hunt, then you need to got to office. If you did officially already transfer them you should of had a carcass tag mailed to you already.
                              Thanks for the clarification.

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                              Something you bookie requires?

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody else muzzleloader hunting Colorado this year?

What muzzleloader setup are you using? I just spent enough on a hooded front sight, receiver peep, and front sight inserts to buy a lower end decent scope.

Comment

Working...
                                X