• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There weren't a lot of elk tags on the leftover draw. Just fyi

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
      Yep - I'm right there with y'all.

I struck out in all the draws and haven't been able to find land owner vouchers.

I'm going to look out for some last minute / cancellation deals, but will probably end up picking an OTC unit and go hiking for a week.

Coonazz

I received your reply to my PM about the hunt I was telling you about. Tried to respond but it says you exceeded your PM limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Down View Post
        I'm looking for a outfitter in new mexico budget is around 7500. Any suggestions?
        I've contacted about 10 wanted to see if yall new any good ones yall recommend.
        Looking to book this week. My goal is 315 or higher

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
        Bout that time of year where you might find a deal just beware! Sometimes there is a reason! If it is Arizona Pro Elk Hunts or a Keith Williams or a guy out of Quemado, NM please PM me for a list of references before you spend a dime!

Good Luck!

Comment

Anyone running the newer duplex frame and reckoning bag from Kifaru??? I have a first generation Timberline 1, and I've hung out with Frank and Aron at the shop in Wheat Ridge, but with weight in it. Any thoughts???

Comment

Wondering about stove fuel for 10,000+ feet... and wondering how much gas to pack for just shy of a week of cooking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by millman View Post
              Bout that time of year where you might find a deal just beware! Sometimes there is a reason! If it is Arizona Pro Elk Hunts or a Keith Williams or a guy out of Quemado, NM please PM me for a list of references before you spend a dime!

Good Luck!
              sent you a pm

Comment

How many meals and what stove do you use? I use a pocket rocket and get away with cooking a week of dinners with one gas canister.

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                Wondering about stove fuel for 10,000+ feet... and wondering how much gas to pack for just shy of a week of cooking...

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post

12-14 meals?

I use MRS windburner and the large 8 oz canister lasts a full 6 nights 12 meals. No issues above 10k.
                  Last edited by Texans42; 07-23-2017, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                    12-14 meals?

I use MRS windburner and the large 8 oz canister lasts a full 6 nights 12 meals. No issues above 10k.

Awesome. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
                      Yep - I'm right there with y'all.

I struck out in all the draws and haven't been able to find land owner vouchers.

I'm going to look out for some last minute / cancellation deals, but will probably end up picking an OTC unit and go hiking for a week.

If ya happen to find something and theres more than one, if ya don't mind shoot me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Stroke View Post
                        Same. I'll be headed up to Colorado for an OTC solo hunt this year.

I've never hunted Colorado so I'm gonna be way blind. I've done some researching but I'm running in circles really.

Comment

Keeping tabs on them!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Leftovers for Colorado are out to view

Comment

Starting to eye Idaho now also in addition to Colorado.

Comment

Well, I have vacation in CO unit 81 in a little over a week. It just happens to be about a month before our DIY OTC archery hunt in the same location. (At least, that's what we are telling our families...) Hopefully we can do some scouting while we are there. We are very inexperienced in elk. (My first ever elk trip, my dad's third ever)
                                The best I am reasonably hoping for is some really good hiking with bulls bugling in the background. If we actually get a shot, it is just the icing on the cake. I'll post pictures after we get back from our vacation if we find any elk sign.

Comment

Working...
                                X