• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All it takes is money.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
      All it takes is money.
      Keep an eye out and you can find base model for $200-$250. Its Cheapest backcountry/open water insurance policy you ever bought, that's not even counting the peace of mind your family gets from it.
      Last edited by Texans42; 06-14-2017, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
        Y'all need to get inReach's
        What is it? Gps beacon or something?

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
          What is it? Gps beacon or something?
          Satellite (sos, texting, gps, tracking device)

Lots of cool features

Comment

Which model do you use and how do you like the service plans? I am looking into the SE. I currently have a gen 1 spot that literally has never been used beyond the first year I purchased it, 2009, because the Spot service plans are garbage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
              Which model do you use and how do you like the service plans? I am looking into the SE. I currently have a gen 1 spot that literally has never been used beyond the first year I purchased it, 2009, because the Spot service plans are garbage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I have the SE. I'm on freedom plan, from Sept to Jan I switch to Unlimited then move it to the cheapest plan or off in summer.

The unlimited plan not only gives unlimited texts but unlimited tracking. Been know to toss it in my sun roof at the hotel in case My truck gets stolen..again..

I couldn't ever rally behind the spot just not enough functions.

With the Inreach, outside of the SOS feature, two things are really handy...texting...and ironically weather report.

My wife can pull up my tracks on the computer and her and my girls can visualize where I'm at.

I would suspect with the new Garmin models coming out with better intergrared maps, that the delome models might gets some discounts or rebates.

Comment

Mine just came in today, hope I like it as much as I think I will!

For those that have them two quick questions.

How is the battery life?

Do I have to have a plan activated to just use the GPS?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                  Mine just came in today, hope I like it as much as I think I will!

For this that have them two quick questions.

How is the battery life?

Do I have to have a plan activated to just use the GPS?
                  It's a brick with out a plan.. for just GPS use your phone.

Battery life is really good it went 10 days. But I had setting set to as eco as possible. And turned off at night.

It's actually paid for its self already. I broke down in Baffin, and was able to use it to text a 2 cases of beer tow option instead of Seatow.

Comment

Trick Pin System, after getting back into the compound game this year. I read several articles and came across the Trick Pin System from Darren Cooper on Rokslide, it made perfect sense to me coming from traditional archery and using point on to aim.

Anyway, I started at 20 yards and went out all the way to 50 yards using just my 40 yard pin, with my 29.5" draw, with 29.5" axis 340s with 100 grain heads shoots 295 feet per second.

I was able to keep with with'n the kill zone from 20 all the way to 55 yards.

So, I was curious if I should just go single pin???

I was cracking myself up, laughing at the arrows keep hitting the kill zone using the same dang pin. It makes sense so sure, but it is crazy how we get addicted to ranging, picking a pin, then shooting.

I did not use the exact way Darren does, I used it more like learning my gap. I was aiming lower 3rd, and not below the target like he suggests. Just like gap shooting. It just makes more sense to my brain.

Comment

Dang, forgot the link

Comment

Has everyone received their refund check if they were unsuccessful with the elk draw?
                        Just wondering because it seems like I read some replies where people were getting their checks already and I want to be sure to watch the mail if they are sending them out already.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff-fro View Post
                          Has everyone received their refund check if they were unsuccessful with the elk draw?
                          Just wondering because it seems like I read some replies where people were getting their checks already and I want to be sure to watch the mail if they are sending them out already.
                          Guessing you are referring to Colorado. I rec'd my deer refund check but not the elk, yet. My brother has gotten both of his. I've read where some people have gotten on or the other. So yes, be watching the mail.

Comment

Sorry, yes I mean Colorado. Thanks for the feedback

Comment

Nope haven't gotten elk check yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

TWP I'm very interested in this. What happened shooting under 20? Our white tails would need to use the same 3 inch pattern as antelope in the examples I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X