• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
    Got mine above the fireplace too.
    Looks awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

So I have a hunt booked in unit 85 Colorado next year with C Bar Z outfitters in southern Colorado. Near Weston. Probably doing the 2nd rifle hunt. What kind of weather should I expect? And what sort of gear do you recommend for it? As far as camo. I want kuiu but man its gonna cost a ton to get it all and nowhere to try it on and Im not exactly a little feller.

Anybody else hunted with these guys? Seems like a great outfitter and a great area. Im pretty excited.

Comment

2nd rifle can vary from temps that are 70's in the days and low 30's to high 20's at night. Or, it can be brutally cold, with snow. Not sure if you're doing a drop camp or not but at a minimum you're gonna need a rain shell, puffy jacket, fleece, and base layers up top. Rain pants, pants, and base layer bottoms. Gloves, face mask, and beanie should be included. Layering is the name of the game.

Comment

Man Im Dying here waiting on the New Mexico Results. I shouldnt have put in so early LOL. I want to know where im hunting or if im gonna have to hunt down a Land Owner tag. I gotta start researching

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
            Man Im Dying here waiting on the New Mexico Results. I shouldnt have put in so early LOL. I want to know where im hunting or if im gonna have to hunt down a Land Owner tag. I gotta start researching
            What units did you apply for?

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
              No I figure that my truck will get me 80% of the way for my camp.
              My brother and I got a 14x16 wall tent from David Tents last year. Made our first elk hunt with it last year and we are very happy with it. Great quality and even better service. Would highly recommend Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                What units did you apply for?

21a
                And 51 as third choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

21a
                  And 51 as third choice

Its hard to draw a good unit in NM. I just pulled up your units on Draw Odds app say you have about a 6 to 7% chance to draw those units. Good Luck!

Comment

Its hard to draw a good unit in NM. I just pulled up your units on Draw Odds app say you have about a 6 to 7% chance to draw those units. Good Luck!

I put in with a outfitter. according to go hunt it's like 18% for 21a 9% for 36 and 27% for 51

Comment

I hand crafted excel spreadsheets. That draw odds app sound like a lot less work! And I think my odds are about half that for the units I put in for .

Comment

I put in with a outfitter. according to go hunt it's like 18% for 21a 9% for 36 and 27% for 51

Your right, a lot better odds with an outfitter. I hope you get 36 great unit!

Comment

cant wait for September

Comment

Your right, a lot better odds with an outfitter. I hope you get 36 great unit!

I figure if I don't draw I can find a landowner tag in 51 for 2500-3000.

But I hope I draw one of my first two choices [emoji847]

Comment

Just to chime in, I drove to Colorado and bought an over the counter bull tag, took notes from the green screen and found my way in Summit Valley during 2nd rifle season where I shot a 6x5 on the last day. Till that day I hadn't seen a bull and was wondering what I was doing wrong. On the day I killed, I found 3 bulls with 30 cows in an area that I had previously covered that had no elk sign. Sometimes its better to be luck than good.
                              In all actuality, I was only going to use this trip as a learning trip. I figured I could do at least 3 learning trips for the price of 1 guided hunt.
                              Attached Files

Comment

That is awesome hound dog. Congrats on a great bull!

Comment

Working...
                                X