No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO. It just blows me away when hunters take there boots off. Something I would never do. I pay big bucks for my boots. They fit and never hurt my feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Canyon View Post
      LMAO. It just blows me away when hunters take there boots off. Something I would never do. I pay big bucks for my boots. They fit and never hurt my feet.
      Go try to stalk and kill a bedded mule deer buck with a homemade recurve with your boots on.

Comment

I love that last picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
          I love that last picture.
          X2!!! An incredible memory and stalk captured for sharing to future generations.

Comment

Thanks guys. It was an adventure. Just didn't quite have enough time to get an elk on the ground. We had a few close calls though.

Comment

[ATTACH]812291[/ATTACH]

Comment

Teepee pic is bad a**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	24461274

No filter needed on this one. That's exactly how it looked from my shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    Teepee pic is bad a**

Thank you sir. Homemade tipi too. Not by me though. The one I made is a little tight for three men.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                      Thank you sir. Homemade tipi too. Not by me though. The one I made is a little tight for three men.
                      Leave anybody behind this year on the trip in??? Was there a reason you guys went so early this year? Because you had a deer tag too?

Comment

I was pretty patient this year. I did go ahead and then come back and carry his pack up to mine a couple times. We had a couple wallows that we were going to hunt so that's why the early trip. Turns out with all the rain/snow they weren't using the wallows so we packed tree stands in 4.5 miles for nothing. We tried to salvage the situation by going higher but by the time we found some elk we only had one day left.

Comment

Packed and ready. Leaving Tuesday. I'm right at 60lbs for 12 days in the backcountry. Ready to hear some bugles

Comment

We are headed to a private ranch just north of Taos NM this week. Getting anxious for my first elk hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                              I was pretty patient this year. I did go ahead and then come back and carry his pack up to mine a couple times. We had a couple wallows that we were going to hunt so that's why the early trip. Turns out with all the rain/snow they weren't using the wallows so we packed tree stands in 4.5 miles for nothing. We tried to salvage the situation by going higher but by the time we found some elk we only had one day left.
                              Yes sir, makes it tough! I've hunted the first days and the last days of the season. I personally like later, I may not kill anything but heck just being able to hear them bugle at night makes me feel at least a little better. My buddy is in AZ on a big elk hunt, Unit 9A I believe, can't wait to see if he hammers a monster.

I leave super early on Wed to go hunt for real this time, pretty excited. But looks pretty warm in Southern Colorado this year. Looks like we better locate them early in the morning, especially with a full moon, and hope to bed them and call something to us. May be awfully quiet mid days this year.

Comment

Just got back from Colorado, got close to a big herd bull twice but he had too many cows with him. Great trip and great experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X