X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks going to the Gila in NM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I also use a Garmin Oregon with the OnX maps chip in it. That chip is worth every penny!! I will also be hunting the Gila again this year

Comment

Why OnX over Garmin(cheaper)

Comment

Private land boundaries are important to know in Colorado, we even set tracking on ours in case warden needs proof where we were during the day. Some landowners think they own more than they do. Some will white lie about actual property lines to scare you off. When they are charging 6-7k for a elk hunt and you can legally hunt same elk for tag cost, they will try to scare you off.

Comment

I have fostered a relationship with a rancher where he allows me to access public that is hard to get to by letting me cross his land. But I can shoot no elk or deer I see but can shoot a bear if I see one. Sometimes pulling in to speak to someone and sit on porch and just talk pays dividends not expected over time.

Comment

Originally posted by NMStickFlinger3 View Post
              I also use a Garmin Oregon with the OnX maps chip in it. That chip is worth every penny!! I will also be hunting the Gila again this year
              Has it been raining in 16a? My buddy told me the rain has been spotty around the area.

Comment

Awesome. Looking into these gos and chips now. Last thing I'd want to do is cross a boundary especially unintentionally and end up in a stink.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                  Has it been raining in 16a? My buddy told me the rain has been spotty around the area.
                  Not a ton, the whole state is behind on the rainfall for the year. I have a feeling it is going to be a wet september!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NMStickFlinger3 View Post
                    Not a ton, the whole state is behind on the rainfall for the year. I have a feeling it is going to be a wet september!!!
                    I hope your wrong! I like it wet in July and August' and dry in Sept. LOL

Comment

Not sure what any of you all are seeing but bulls are rubbing velvet and it's been like that for the last 2 weeks.

Also we have heard Bulls starting to bugle as well as Bulls checking cows out.

Trees are turning already and some are losing leaves. Weird year so far and I have a feeling there will be a early rut.

Comment

Garmin 64ST w/ Colorado Onx land owner map... works well... take sets of extra batteries

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
                          Not sure what any of you all are seeing but bulls are rubbing velvet and it's been like that for the last 2 weeks.

Also we have heard Bulls starting to bugle as well as Bulls checking cows out.

Trees are turning already and some are losing leaves. Weird year so far and I have a feeling there will be a early rut.

Hope so. I can't wait to be in Colorado September 3

Comment

Originally posted by TGoody View Post
                            I've been wondering the same thing... I have one I use regularly to stay in shape. There's gotta be a way to add a flat bottom and turn it into a meat hauler
                            Surely somebody has done this already...

I'll post a pic of what I did this weekend, later. Have to get home and take a pic.
                            Basically used a bent piece of bar to go into the frame pack and made a tray frame out of 1in strap metal with a plywood top.

Comment

I'm using my IPhone and the onXmaps app, I freak'n love this thing. I have a little charger that I carry with me. But I don't use my GPS hardly at all when hunting. However, I used the MotionX app last year in Idaho and it worked well also for like $3 for the app. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but I usually don't hunt boundary country.

Comment

Only nine days until I leave - I'm losing my mind!! I will be in SoCO for nine days of hunting elk (no bear tag this year). Can't wait for the cool weather!

Comment

Working...
                                X