The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TWP View Post
    My hat is off to you guys with all the camera gear! I sure like seeing great pictures and video though. How you feeling about your hunt? I know that any elk within 80 yards is toast, what about the training? (Maybe 100 yards! ha ha)

Lol I have no real feelings about it. Last time I was in the unit I saw tons of sign in different locations but didn't hike enough to find the elk. This time will be different.

Since I drew a deer tag that will be goal #1. I will probably glass mornings and see if I can find a deer to put a stalk on. If not I'll start hiking for elk and then try to be back to a glassing location by dark.

Shooting will be good. I'll shoot a elk @100 with the right conditions. Same thing with a mule deer.

I'm busting my butt training. I struggle with the eating part tho. Lol. I'm in better shape than at train to hunt for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm interested to see how Colorado goes this year going light and bivy hunting like y'all suggested in my Arizona thread in August last year. We have a good plan and high hopes, we are focusing on deer as well, but I wouldn't mind finding a bunch of elk sign.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
        Those bugle tubes/little kid baseball bats are HUGE, if I run out of arrows I'm gonna beat one to death with my bugle.

Good luck on your hunts amigo! I LOVED Idaho last year and I will most definitely be back, just not this year.

Yea I won't be back this year either but Oregon is looking pretty good this year. Hoping to hunt Idaho next year again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
          I'm interested to see how Colorado goes this year going light and bivy hunting like y'all suggested in my Arizona thread in August last year. We have a good plan and high hopes, we are focusing on deer as well, but I wouldn't mind finding a bunch of elk sign.
          You hunting Colorado or AZ again? Going early season?

Comment

Going to Colorado sept 3-12 or 13

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
              Going to Colorado sept 3-12 or 13
              Man, that will be awesome!!!!

Comment

Only 48 days 'til New Mexico elk hunt. But who's countin???

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Only 48 days 'til New Mexico elk hunt. But who's countin???
                  Coming quick!....still got 15 lbs to drop and get my bh flying from 70yrd

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Coming quick!....still got 15 lbs to drop and get my bh flying from 70yrd
                    I got me some contacts now. But lost one this morning. I'm afraid to lose an arrow right now.

Comment

Going to Colorado 8/24 till elk and bear are in coolers or season ends. Good luck to all

Comment

New Mexico

Rancher just sent a few pics ,, date and time are wrong. Leaving. 9/3. Can't wait
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Few more
                            Attached Files

Comment

Can't wait
                              Attached Files

Comment

Really nice, I won't even see my pics till I get there to hunt in late August.

Comment

Working...
                                X