X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

colorado elk in september.
    Attached Files

Comment

Not too bad for public land archery!! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by freerange View Post
        colorado elk in september.
        That's sweet! Public or private land?

Originally posted by Floor Man View Post
        Not too bad for public land archery!! Thanks.

Did you shoot your bull in CO on public land in a draw unit? Or were you just commenting on freeranges bull? I'm only asking because I'm seriously considering going to Montana or Idaho next year, I didn't run into many hunters this year, but elk sightings were few and far between and the elk we did see were 9 miles back and we had no livestock to help us pack out.

Comment

I killed him in Colorado in a draw unit about 5.5-6 miles in- too rough for horses.

Comment

That's awesome floor man, what unit and how long did it take you to draw?

Comment

Freerange and Floorman...awesome lookin bulls! Job well done on the harvests!

Happy Thanksgiving Elk Hunters.

Comment

Following

Comment

It's that time of year again! Where is everyone putting in for tags?

I doubt I will be able to go on a hunt this year due to work projects but I will be putting in for points. Possibly getting an OTC tag in Colorado if things clear up by then.

Comment

Wyoming, Idaho and Oregon

Comment

I'll put in for Arizona, Utah and New Mexico. If I don't get lucky there, I may go Idaho OTC. Never been elk hunting, I'm excited to do it one day.

Comment

I am going to be doing Idaho again this year for elk, with two mule deer attempts at tags in NM and Utah. I've never been so planned out before this early, feels weird. ha ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by Stroke View Post
                          Wow! Passing on 350's! What unit were you hunting?

Based on the picture being stamped from Vaquero Outfitters he was hunting 18B in Arizona on a 450,000 acre private ranch. That is the only place they guide for elk anymore. And yeah, I fully believe he was passing on 350's. I would have too on that hunt.

Comment

Wyoming is open for applications guys.. Im putting in for deer and not elk tho.

Comment

I'm looking to do my first elk hunt this year. What websites do y'all recommend for getting gear?

Comment

No points this year just yet will probably start getting them racked up next year. Going to get an elk rifle built first. But I do have two awesome areas lined up one for OTC archery and if that doesn't work out the other will be OTC 2nd rifle in Colorado. Should be a good year as we almost connected this year in archery season opening morning in the first hour of daylight and if we would have had more than weekends to hunt would have helped.

Also have an awesome muley spot lined up OTC rifle but also going to get an archery tag to stick a whitetail buck in the same area, but the location of that one is my little secret.

Should have a hell of a year next year have 2 weeks vacation and 2 rollover days and all but a couple of those days will be burned chasing critters. Living the bachelor hunting fools life style.

I was in okay shape this year, but man those mountains get rough quick, going to have to step up my preseason workout routine big time.

Comment

Working...
                                X