The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
    Why not buy it direct when you come to Idaho then? You know it's located in Ketchum which is real close to places we talked about...
    Ha ha ha ha ha Already on the itinerary, that and drinking scotch and leaving a copy of Farewell to Arms at Papa Hemingway's grave!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
      Ha ha ha ha ha Already on the itinerary, that and drinking scotch and leaving a copy of Farewell to Arms at Papa Hemingway's grave!!!!!

Copy that! My wife met Muriel which is his granddaughter I believe last year.

Comment

Just got off the phone with the Idaho Game and Fish, just said they did a big wolf reduction due to the high numbers of domestic sheep they are eating...never thought I would appreciate a prairie maggot after shearing and drenching 1,000s of them. Guess I was wrong. How many days out is everyone?

What is a light pad that has a good R value that yall use?

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
          Just got off the phone with the Idaho Game and Fish, just said they did a big wolf reduction due to the high numbers of domestic sheep they are eating...never thought I would appreciate a prairie maggot after shearing and drenching 1,000s of them. Guess I was wrong. How many days out is everyone?

What is a light pad that has a good R value that yall use?
          4 days out. It can't get here soon enough. It will be my first time elk hunting.

What are your go to broadheads for elk?

Comment

Me and my brother will be shooting hell razors if we are lucky enough to get a shot. Have exactly 4 weeks from Friday to be up in the mountains

Comment

Leaving August 27 for the CO elk opener. Got 2 mule deer tags too!

Comment

I don't understand. Two hunters for the two deer tags?

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                  I don't understand. Two hunters for the two deer tags?
                  There are four in our group...gonna have a four man draw to see who gets the two L.O. tags.

Comment

Hunting elk and deer I hope you have some time to get it done.

Comment

Hunting elk and deer I hope you have some time to get it done.
                      7 day hunt. One out of two animals would be outstanding.

Comment

Good luck, bud. I hope to get one out of one.

I hunted high country mule deer in '11 and struck out.

Comment

Good luck, bud. I hope to get one out of one.

I hunted high country mule deer in '11 and struck out.
                          Thank you sir. The ranch we are on goes from sage to spruce so we should have lots of ground to cover.

Comment

Idaho OTC in 10A zone (Dworshak area) for me again this year.

Good luck to all.

Comment

45 days to go for me. Just talked to my buddy he said it was 52 degrees in Luna, lots of rain and the elk are giant this year. Cant freakin wait!

Comment

Heading up to the hills in the morning. Will report back from what I find.

Comment

Working...
                                X