No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking $140 is way cheaper than $3,600 for two weeks a year. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
      Hey guys, has anyone ever used this company for Swaro rentals??? I am thinking about doing a January deer hunt in AZ and my glass is not nearly this good. Going to see if anyone had used this?

http://www.optics4rent.com/index.html
      I'd say its a good deal. You could also consider buying a used or demo scope and reselling after your hunt. With a Jan hunt there will be a bunch hit the market after fall seasons.

www.rokslide.com turns over a bunch of used high quality scopes.

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
        I'd say its a good deal. You could also consider buying a used or demo scope and reselling after your hunt. With a Jan hunt there will be a bunch hit the market after fall seasons.

I always forget about Rokslide, only so many forums a man can be on and still have time to actually hunt. ha ha ha

Comment

I always forget about Rokslide, only so many forums a man can be on and still have time to actually hunt. ha ha ha
          In my case it's work that limits my forum count.

I have a Straight Nikon ED50 you can borrow, it's very good glass but unless you are packing in there are better, bigger options. My 60mm scope is average Theron Saker but you could borrow that as well.

IMO, the top end glass is for picking apart trophy critters. If you are gonna shoot the first 4x4 140+ Mule Deer or 90" Coues you see you may not need ultra top end.
          Last edited by drthornton; 07-01-2014, 06:58 PM.

Comment

In my case it's work that limits my forum count.

I have a Straight Nikon ED50 you can borrow, it's very good glass but unless you are packing in there are better, bigger options. My 60mm scope is average Theron Saker but you could borrow that as well.

IMO, the top end glass is for picking apart trophy critters. If you are gonna shoot the first 4x4 140+ Mule Deer or 90" Coues you see you may not need ultra top end.
            Shoot, I don't need any of it! Ha ha ha Thank you so much for the offer!!! I will see what shakes out after a scouting trip or two.

Comment

WARNING

Colorado UNIT 86

September 6th, 2014
              Hermit Pass marathon will be taking place affecting the archery elk and deer hunts as well as the above timberline early rifle hunt.

If you plan on hunting Colorado Unit 86 near Westcliffe, Colorado during that time you may want to check into the specifics.

Comment

10 weeks boys and I'm chasin elk. Some of you a lot sooner than that. Hope y'all are ready!

Comment

I NEED A FREAKING TAGGGGGG!!!!!!!

sorry vent over.

Comment

If we ever get close enough, I have 4 or 5 good HD leupolds you can try or just borrow.

Comment

Great CrossFit workout, pool workout and then shot 3D deer targets out to 70 yards today. Bring on September!!!!

Comment

What do you guys think of this guy?

Comment

I think he is an awesome animal that would be a blast to hunt!

Comment

I think he is an awesome animal that would be a blast to hunt!

Kind of small don't you think ?

Comment

My crew is finally all set for NM Elk. I was starting to get a little panicked. Not a minute too soon either. Season starts 10 weeks from today!

Comment

My crew is finally all set for NM Elk. I was starting to get a little panicked. Not a minute too soon either. Season starts 10 weeks from today!
                                Woo hoo!!

Comment

Working...
                                X