No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be my first year hunting out West. I'll be going in solo. I've put in Archery Elk in AZ, UT, NM. I also put in for a Mule Deer rifle hunt in NM. If I don't get drawn for those I think I'll try for an Drawn or OTC unit in Idaho.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse View Post
      Do you have to buy a non resident license to buy a PP in Colorado? If so, how much is it? Having trouble finding this info. Thanks
      No but you have to front the tag fees for each species.

Comment

PP's in Colorado are $40.....and like drthornton said you have to pay the up front tag cost but that will get refunded.

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
          For you and other LO Voucher guys.

How do you go about getting the Vouchers?

- Broker
          - Call the list
          - Wait and see what hits Craigslist, eBay, papers etc...
          You really have to know someone that buys a lot of em. Get with me after the draw I might be able to help you out. I will be hunting unit 15 or 16a

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
            You really have to know someone that buys a lot of em. Get with me after the draw I might be able to help you out. I will be hunting unit 15 or 16a
            PM sent on what I am looking for...Thanks

Comment

The traditional bug is biting me again, have a longbow on the way to try out and see if I like it, if I do I may be using it instead of the compound on elk this year. We'll see how it shoots, I can always go back to my new Prime Impact.

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post
                The traditional bug is biting me again, have a longbow on the way to try out and see if I like it, if I do I may be using it instead of the compound on elk this year. We'll see how it shoots, I can always go back to my new Prime Impact.
                It is a lot of fun!!! Shoot a Stalker Stickbow with the static limb, I draw to 30" and shoot 605 grains at 60 lbs.

Comment

Zamberlan???

Hey guys, I tried some of these boots on today, they fit really well and they looked to be well made. Anyone wear these or any other Zamberlan boots???

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                    Hey guys, I tried some of these boots on today, they fit really well and they looked to be well made. Anyone wear these or any other Zamberlan boots???

http://www.zamberlanusa.com/catalog/...d=209&idcat=17
                    I've got the exact same style Zamberlan in the lower boot, the 1006 series.
                    Best boot I've ever worn, I tried on the taller version and they felt even better but I was wanting the shorter version.
                    I may be buying the taller ones soon.
                    I've got several hundred mountain miles on mine and they are still in excellent shape.

Comment

[QUOTE=TWP;8351883]Hey guys, I tried some of these boots on today, they fit really well and they looked to be well made. Anyone wear these or any other Zamberlan boots???

http://www.zamberlanusa.com/catalog/...d=209&idcat=17[/QUOTE

Thats what I use, I have 2 pair I take elk hunting with me. I alternate days. Best boot on the market imo.

Comment

I am so envious of you who are getting to go elk hunting this year! Our first child is due Sept 9, so I'm unable to even try to go. It's killing me! I will live vicariously through all you who do get to go this fall!

Comment

That is what I was hoping to hear! I have a narrow foot with a very high arch, I will run back by there tomorrow and probably grab a pair.

[quote=Pernell;8352557]
                          Originally posted by TWP View Post

http://www.zamberlanusa.com/catalog/...d=209&idcat=17[/QUOTE

Thats what I use, I have 2 pair I take elk hunting with me. I alternate days. Best boot on the market imo.

Comment

I am so envious of you who are getting to go elk hunting this year! Our first child is due Sept 9, so I'm unable to even try to go. It's killing me! I will live vicariously through all you who do get to go this fall!
                            A future elk hunting partner.... good times ahead for you and the young one

Comment

[quote=TWP;8352850]That is what I was hoping to hear! I have a narrow foot with a very high arch, I will run back by there tomorrow and probably grab a pair.

That's odd that they fit you. These boots are made on a wider last and are really Zamberlan's only offering in a wider boot. I usually wear 2E-4E on boots, and these Zamberlan's actually fit me snug but with enough room to move.

With a narrow foot, I would expect Salomon or Asolo to fit you better.

Comment

I may have shown the wrong model??? I did a google search for what I thought were the correct model, but I may have been way off! Knowing me, probably messed it up. Ha ha ha

Comment

Working...
                                X