Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Strange Finds in the Woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowTech 4 life View Post
    Is this out side of albany on the nool or however you spell it

No sir... This one was on a place near Big Lake.

Comment

I found a golf ball in the middle of a 1800 acre pasture.....

Comment

While hunting in the mountains in Queens, NM me and my dad came across a wallet. Ended up being a badge and id of a fireman who was also my dad's buddy. What are the odds??? Also in the sands of NM, I tripped over a metal fin sticking out of the sand. I started digging around it and it ended up being a training bomb from the WWII days. it was about 4 ft long and filled with cement.

Comment

Grew up exploring Ft.Hood. Brother and i came across a 5 gal water jug full of white powder. When we started kicking it around our skin started burning like hell. Our eyes burned so bad we could not open them. Had a tough time walking the mile through the woods home. After the law was informed and investigated it turns out it was a type of tear gas in powder form

Comment

I was pushing brush on a ranch north of Tilden with my dozer and hit an old wagon wheel. The old ranch owner told me his dad used to tell him when he was a kid there used to be a road through there.
            I stopped as soon As I saw it pop up out of the dirt, but it was already badly damaged.

Comment

I found a old wood stove once buried in a creek. I also found a cement mixing pot.

Comment

I found my Ex wifes broom she used to ride and it still had the cat perch on the side of it ! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                  I found my Ex wifes broom she used to ride and it still had the cat perch on the side of it ! LOL
                  zzziiiiiiiinnnnnggggg

Comment

When I worked for HB Zachry in 93' we found a coca cola bottle 13 ft down in the dirt. I still have the bottle. not sure if the number on the bottom means the year. i think there is a 32 or 23 on it? I'd have to look. Was at Rosemead and Bishop Rd. aka Dallas Pkwy. Nothing else there and 2 more ft we hit rock.

Comment

nothing in the woods but i did find a live hand grenade in the front yard when I was a kid. Ran in the house showed it to my pops and he freaked out...

Comment

Found and old antique 6 quart milk bottle carrier and all the jars in and old abandon school bus here in Minnesota.

Comment

I found this on Ft. Somewhere while doing maneuvers. We had to scroll the road and I saw something funny in the middle of this newly pushed dirt trail. I kicked at it and look what I discovered. I have not been back to look for the rest yet, but I know it is there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030372.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	24031291

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030376.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	24031292
                          Last edited by Speedgoat; 11-23-2011, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
                            I found this on Ft. Hood while doing maneuvers. We had to scroll the road and I saw something funny in the middle of this newly pushed dirt trail. I kicked at it and look what I discovered. I have not been back to look for the rest yet, but I know it is there.

[ATTACH]287389[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]287390[/ATTACH]
                            That's old. It's also on Federal land.

Don't get caught...

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by holepuncher View Post
                              I worked for a contractor a few years back that leased a Ranch near Blackwell.
                              The Ranch had a huge flat rock that someone had carved a compass on . said to be from the Spanish explorer Coronado. There was another rock that had a turtle carved on it but I never saw that one.
                              Now that's cool!!

Comment

Used to find weather balloons all the time. Havent seen any in years though. I guess GPS fixed the problem...

Comment

Working...
                                X