No announcement yet.

Strange Finds in the Woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top this one.....my dad and I were stalking some hogs one afternoon in 2007 and we found a piece of the COLUMBIA space shuttle.

Comment

I found a basement from a house that had been razed. Nearly broke some bones finding it.

Comment

I found an old complete glass jar that still had its lid on it. Was told the place that I hunted used to be an old Dairy Farm.

Comment

This is a good Thread.

Comment

TTT for more great stories.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

If anyone finds a cut up pair of blue Haynes boxer briefs in the Uvalde area, you probably shouldnt pick them up.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                  I found a basement from a house that had been razed. Nearly broke some bones finding it.
                  Hummm... That made me think. Anybody ever go down in the cellars out in "G" at Granger?

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                    Found a dead guy, missing his head, arms and feet near the trinity river bottoms back in the mid 90's. Several years later he was identified as one of the Madelyn Murry O'Hare Kidnappers. The other two kidnappers got spooked and killed this guy to keep him from talking.

Found small knives and a few other cool things, but the above was the most memorable "Find"..
                    Thats pretty crazy memorable for sure!

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                    hey when theres no repercussions to your actions, why be nice?
                    umm.. What?

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                    Top this one.....my dad and I were stalking some hogs one afternoon in 2007 and we found a piece of the COLUMBIA space shuttle.
                    Thats pretty awesome! Guess you couldn't keep it?

Comment

Just read all 8 pages. Great thread. I've got one to add

While checking snares where I used to work in yancey, I saw a pheasant running down the fence line. Not sure of any upland bird ranches near us, but possible. Quite a surprise to me.

Comment

Found in thick brush near Encinal.

Trailboss

Click image for larger version

Name:	Carlis Pistol.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	24157780

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
                          Found in thick brush near Encinal.

Trailboss

[ATTACH]441452[/ATTACH]
                          any bullets in it
                          and what possessed you to crawl around in thick brush

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                            If anyone finds a cut up pair of blue Haynes boxer briefs in the Uvalde area, you probably shouldnt pick them up.
                            HAHAHA.

Since we are being honest, same goes for the Quihi area.

Comment

Hunting north of lake Whitney, I usually find old glass bottles from when the area was under water that I've actually started collecting on my walks back to camp. The strangest thing I ever found was an old flesh light :/. Thankfully I googled it before I opened it to see what was inside. Didn't know whether to laugh or puke...

Comment

There used to be a railroad that ran through our property way back when. But we have found old railroad spikes and pieces of railing left over after it was stripped. My father and I have also found massive slabs or boulders of pink granite next to were the railroad passed through. It turns out it was the same granite they used to build the capital with in the late 1800's that had fallen off the train and was left behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X