No announcement yet.

Bowhunter Dead-Fell Out Of Treestand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad to hear. Prayers for him and his family and friends.
    I acutally bought a HSS vest type today at Academy. I havent hunted out of a tree in about 3 years as i use ground blinds but this year Im useing a 6 foot woodsey quad pod. I havent been useing a harness out of it but with my wife complaining about it,I got one.

Comment

Sad to hear. Prayers sent!

Comment

Sad ... I feel so bad for Mike and the family. Hunting is a great outdoor passion but it can be dangerous at times. Prayers up ...

Comment

Bad deal

Comment

Originally posted by thor View Post
            Sad to hear. Prayers for him and his family and friends.
            I acutally bought a HSS vest type today at Academy. I havent hunted out of a tree in about 3 years as i use ground blinds but this year Im useing a 6 foot woodsey quad pod. I havent been useing a harness out of it but with my wife complaining about it,I got one.
            You know, if I can fall and get killed out a 6' quadpod then it was just my day to go.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
              You know, if I can fall and get killed out a 6' quadpod then it was just my day to go.
              understood... but its not just the fall..its what you land on, how you land, what lands on you... I'd rather just spend the ten extra seconds and make sure I'm not going to be paralyzed the rest of my life so I can come back and hook on the safety strap next year...

Comment

I hate hearing this. If I had not been wearing my safety harness last Friday, you could have been reading about me. The ladder stand I was in had the strap broke and left me hanging 18 ft up in the air, while the stand went to the ground.
                This was my first year to purchase and utilize a safety harness. Best money I've spent in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                  I hate hearing this. If I had not been wearing my safety harness last Friday, you could have been reading about me. The ladder stand I was in had the strap broke and left me hanging 18 ft up in the air, while the stand went to the ground.
                  This was my first year to purchase and utilize a safety harness. Best money I've spent in a long time.
                  I am glad you did Ron. This place would not have been the same without you

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    After reading...

quick question.

How many of y'all tether all the way up/down to/from your stand?

I can honstly say, I don't...

I also don't hunt out of many trees or trees that are straight.
                    my situation exactly. i never tether.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                      It is a prussic knot and pretty easy to tie. I made a prussic loop that is easily attached to the harnass teather.
                      we have always called it a "linesman knot"

Comment

i've taken a plunge out of 2 stands with no harness and was very fortunate to walk away with no injuries. I always strap in now, but have never hooked up a tether for going up and down. I may be doing that this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                          Terrible loss, prayers sent

I use a Fall Guy system- great for going up or down. When I get to my seat, I hook onto a strap already in place there, but you could just use this system
                          http://www.integratedsafety.us/store/
                          This looks pretty sweet. Do you know if it will work with a HSS vest or do you need to buy one of theirs?

Comment

Yet another reason I prefer ground hunting. Prayers up.

Comment

I survived a 10 ft fall with only a broken heel. Lapse of judgement.Prayers up for the Mckinsey family.

Comment

Prayers for Mike and his family.

Comment

Working...
                                X