Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really sad, prayers sent.

Comment

Put up two ladder stands for this year. First time from above, bought my son and I some hunter saftey system vests and we also put on the life line with the prussic knot, connected all the time coming and going. We don't carry up anything. We have a rope hanging on each side of the stand, one for the back pack and one for the bow. Used the two man stands, sure is nice to have room for your pack next to you. Stay safe everyone.

Comment

Prayers for the family and friends.

I use the lineman's belt and life line all the time. A lot you know mine saved my life five years ago when the tree stand I was about to hunt broke. This is the one part of IBEP course we instructors get very passionate about. We want to prevent this kinds accident.

Comment

Sad deal!

I just bought a Gorrila safety harness the other day and was debating on whether or not I needed to buy some life lines. I guess this answers my question.

Another thought, how many people use life lines when climbing in and out of their box stands? I know a lot of guys hunt in some tall stands. You never really hear anything about this, but I'm sure an accident could happen while climbing to sit in your box stand.

I'm afraid of heights so a harness was never really a question for me while hunting my ladders.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            Thanks Corey.

Life lines going up this weekend.

Comment

Sad deal... We only have one tree stand on our lease and its probably about 12 foot up but I will be making a line for it next time we go

Comment

prayer sent.

Comment

tether up and tether down. why take the chance?

Comment

I also use a box stand about 8' off the ground, but it has a set of stairs with handrails better than some houses, call me paranoid, I call me safe and able to hunt another day.

Prayers to the family.

Comment

Prayer sent

Comment

Tragic and sad.

Prayers sent.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. As I have not hunted tree stands very much, I have never gotten a harness. BUT, as I will be using treestands in the near future, I can think of no better investment than my own safety. I worry that something will happen to me WHEN I have my kids out there with me.

Comment

Terrible loss, prayers sent

I use a Fall Guy system- great for going up or down. When I get to my seat, I hook onto a strap already in place there, but you could just use this system

Comment

What a tragedy, prayers up.

Comment

Tragic. You never know when your number gets called. Prayers.

Comment

Working...
                                X