No announcement yet.

A little bow season advice...learned the hard way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was there and know how sick Bobby was. Great lesson to be learned here. Take your time and take a high percentage shot. Much better to schedule a rematch for tomorrow than risk a poor shot today.

Comment

Very well said from all.....and an on time reminder to all of us at the eve of the season that we love!! Great Post!!!

Comment

Nicely put and very true

Comment

Great thread for new and experienced hunters........

Comment

A lot of good advice for the inexperienced BHers such as myself. Thanks guys!

Comment

Awe the joy's of bowhunting. I have been there before. Great thread Chew!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky T View Post
                Good reminder for even us "seasoned" bowhunters that get a once-in-a-lifetime buck in front of us.
                Amen to that Ricky T!!

Comment

Great reminder for everyone old and new to bowhunting. Thanks

Comment

Very good post Bobby, and thanks for reminding us all.

Comment

Awesome post Chew. It felt like I was reading what I went through my first few years of bowhunting. I didn't know anyone personally who bow hunted and basically self taught myself everything which led to a couple disasters like this. Great reminder.

Comment

Wise words Chew.

Comment

Great post

Comment

Great advice and reminder! ttt

Comment

Great words of wisdom Chew! Thanks for the reminder. Hope all is going well for you!

Comment

I did it with my first deer, a doe. I was up in the tripod and she had busted me a couple of times and never left. She scared everything else out of the field with her stomping and I was PO'ed at her. I said that as soon she gave me a change I would take her. It was getting dark and she turned broadside. I raised my bow and shot way too fast. I ended up closing my eyes and torqing the bow. I shot her far back and its a gut wrenching feeling when you hear the bad shot as opposed to seeing it. I tracked her for over a mile and never found her. I have never been so disgusted in all my life! Lessons learned and we carry on but I will never forget that day!

Comment

Working...
                                X