Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lot of similar talk lately.....bump

Comment

When my wife and I first met, her dad was in pretty bad shape but he and I quickly became pretty good friends. Shortly after his daughter and I got married, he came to me and stated “Daughter is pregnant.”(he would always call her daughter). Well, 3 weeks later he died, and then we found out that he was right and my wife was in fact pregnant.

He had congestive heart failure, had a pacemaker, defibrillator, and a heart pump. Quit frequently he would bump into something and start bleeding profusely. He was also a big joker and loved to scare my mother-in-law.

Well, a week after he died, my mother-in-law came into the kitchen to fix a meal when she saw blood on the floor. Fresh blood and it was right where he would usually stand at! A couple of weeks later she was going to bed and was almost asleep when she heard a couple of loud bangs against her bedroom wall, which is exactly what he would do late at night to scare her!

A little over 2 years later we went to visit his grave and we brought our daughter for the first time. He is buried outside of Killeen in a military cemetery. As we approached his grave, our daughter was running ahead of us as if she knew the way. She goes directly up to his gravestone and gives it a big hug!! We are convinced he is our daughter’s guardian angel.

Comment

I grew up in the country on a FM road. A guy hit a telephone pole in front of our house and died one night. Weird stuff happened at that house and we always joked around that it was Jose (the guy who died). After all of us grew up and moved out, my dad still had the house but didn’t stay there. He setup a camera in there that he could monitor online and it would also email pictures.

Here’s what it caught shortly after being setup.
        Attached Files

Comment

Interesting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So I had made a couple of statements saying I would tell some of the Funeral Home remodeling stories and let time pass me by, but after seeing this thread surface again it reminded me to tell a story or two.

Just a couple of weeks ago we neared completion of the majority of the remodeling that has been going on for the better part of a year. Two of my coworkers who have been at the funeral home for years and are very accustomed to “strange things” were locking up to go home when a door opened right in front of them. This is a door that normally stays shut and has no other entry to access the door from the inside. I was not aware of this happening at the time I was there that evening after they left. I showed up to go on a call and noticed the door wide open, which is quite strange and caught my eye immediately. I shut the door, ran upstairs to pull a file before leaving, rushed back down the stairs and the door was about halfway open. “I guess it didn’t latch” was the immediate thought that went through my head as I shut the door ensuring a proper latch! I turn to rush out and make a call when I hear the door knob “jiggle” and I turned just in time to watch the door open again! Right in front of my eyes. I said aloud with confidence “fine the door will stay open” but inside I was holding back a good pee! I left to go on the call, came back to see a closed door and went past it to do necessary preparations of the deceased. When I finished I went to head home to see the door wide open again. The next day at work the coworkers tell me the “crazy door” story, I shared mine with them and it hasn’t happened since! Just another thing to laugh about in hindsight. I have never experienced anything malicious, so it’s really just something you get accustomed to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
              So I had made a couple of statements saying I would tell some of the Funeral Home remodeling stories and let time pass me by, but after seeing this thread surface again it reminded me to tell a story or two.

Just a couple of weeks ago we neared completion of the majority of the remodeling that has been going on for the better part of a year. Two of my coworkers who have been at the funeral home for years and are very accustomed to “strange things” were locking up to go home when a door opened right in front of them. This is a door that normally stays shut and has no other entry to access the door from the inside. I was not aware of this happening at the time I was there that evening after they left. I showed up to go on a call and noticed the door wide open, which is quite strange and caught my eye immediately. I shut the door, ran upstairs to pull a file before leaving, rushed back down the stairs and the door was about halfway open. “I guess it didn’t latch” was the immediate thought that went through my head as I shut the door ensuring a proper latch! I turn to rush out and make a call when I hear the door knob “jiggle” and I turned just in time to watch the door open again! Right in front of my eyes. I said aloud with confidence “fine the door will stay open” but inside I was holding back a good pee! I left to go on the call, came back to see a closed door and went past it to do necessary preparations of the deceased. When I finished I went to head home to see the door wide open again. The next day at work the coworkers tell me the “crazy door” story, I shared mine with them and it hasn’t happened since! Just another thing to laugh about in hindsight. I have never experienced anything malicious, so it’s really just something you get accustomed to!

[emoji38]

Comment

Tradman, I wouldn't make it 10 minutes in your field.

Comment

Paranormal stuff

I don’t know if I have ever shared this story on this or another thread about spirits/ghosts/paranormal activity and what not.

I was called to go pick up a man who passed away suddenly from a heart attack, he was at his home and had died doing yard work. The family said they wanted a “traditional” funeral so I made my way back to the funeral and started the embalming. I don’t know how much time had passed, but before I actually started embalming, but getting everything ready, the door to the prep room SLAMMED shut! I’m not talking about just closing from a draft, or someone gently closing it, I mean that door closed with absolute force!

My immediate thought was that my boss had come by, knew I was embalming and decided to have a laugh! I cussed him up and down as I made way to the door. The man I thought had closed the door was terrified of the dark, so I was very surprised to see that it was pitch black in that room. I reasoned that he could have made his way out of that room and to the next as he would NEVER enter a room without switching the light on. After a quick walk through the funeral home I figured he had left. I call him up to let him have his laugh, but when he answered I could hear the background noise of the restaurant he was at having dinner with his family. As not to sound crazy I made out like I had a question about time frames we could have this family come in to make arrangements.

This was one of my first “real” scares while working in the funeral home, and I had no choice but to go back in the room and finish my work. I go back in the room trying to come up with a reasonable explanation and cast the incident off as a strong draft in the building. I don’t so much as glove back up and start my work again when the door slammed again. At this point I vividly remember looking down at the man and apologized to him for what I was doing and that I was sorry for what had happened. I let him know that I was just trying to make him look good so his family could say their final goodbyes. I was literally talking to him!!!

One thing I absolutely can’t stand is to be in the embalming room with the door closed, I have no reason for it except it simply makes me uncomfortable. So I open the door again and put a 5 gallon bucket full of an absorbent powder in front of the door to make sure that it wouldn’t slam again. The rest of the embalming went with no activity. So I thought.

After finishing everything up I shut the prep room door and walked to the front office to lock up and set the alarm. People, EVERY DOOR IN THE ENTIRE FUNERAL HOME WAS SHUT! That never happens, for whatever reason all of the office doors, viewing room doors and chapel doors remain open unless there is a body laying in state. I opened the doors back up set the alarm and was gone! Out there door QUICK!

Everyday that man was in the funeral home we would get to work in the mornings and every door would be shut! On two other occasions doors closed while we were there during normal hours. I wanted so badly to ask the family if this man had a temper and was known for slamming doors, but didn’t feel it was appropriate.

Last edited by tradman; 12-14-2021, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Not sure if I mentioned it on this thread but my cousin worked for a funeral home for a few years. Lived on the second floor for a while with all the equipment. They did a lot of county/indigent burials and would sometimes keep bodies in the freezer for extended periods.

He said you eventually get accustomed to the freaky stuff that happens.

Comment

I don’t know if I have ever shared this story on this or another thread about spirits/ghosts/paranormal activity and what not.

I was called to go pick up a man who passed away suddenly from a heart attack, he was at his home and had died doing yard work. The family said they wanted a “traditional” funeral so I made my way back to the funeral and started the embalming. I don’t know how much time had passed, but before I actually started embalming, but getting everything ready, the door to the prep room SLAMMED shut! I’m not talking about just closing from a draft, or someone gently closing it, I mean that door closed with absolute force!

My immediate thought was that my boss had come by, knew I was embalming and decided to have a laugh! I cussed him up and down as I made way to the door. The man I thought had closed the door was terrified of the dark, so I was very surprised to see that it was pitch black in that room. I reasoned that he could have made his way out of that room and to the next as he would NEVER enter a room without switching the light on. After a quick walk through the funeral home I figured he had left. I call him up to let him have his laugh, but when he answered I could hear the background noise of the restaurant he was at having dinner with his family. As not to sound crazy I made out like I had a question about time frames we could have this family come in to make arrangements.

This was one of my first “real” scares while working in the funeral home, and I had no choice but to go back in the room and finish my work. I go back in the room trying to come up with a reasonable explanation and cast the incident off as a strong draft in the building. I don’t so much as glove back up and start my work again when the door slammed again. At this point I vividly remember looking down at the man and apologized to him for what I was doing and that I was sorry for what had happened. I let him know that I was just trying to make him look good so his family could say their final goodbyes. I was literally talking to him!!!

One thing I absolutely can’t stand is to be in the embalming room with the door closed, I have no reason for it except it simply makes me uncomfortable. So I open the door again and put a 5 gallon bucket full of an absorbent powder in front of the door to make sure that it wouldn’t slam again. The rest of the embalming went with no activity. So I thought.

After finishing everything up I shut the prep room door and walked to the front office to lock up and set the alarm. People, EVERY DOOR IN THE ENTIRE FUNERAL HOME WAS SHUT! That never happens, for whatever reason all of the office doors, viewing room doors and chapel doors remain open unless there is a body laying in state. I opened the doors back up set the alarm and was gone! Out there door QUICK!

Everyday that man was in the funeral home we would get to work in the mornings and every door would be shut! On two other occasions doors closed while we were there during normal hours. I wanted so badly to ask the family if this man had a temper and was known for slamming doors, but didn’t feel it was appropriate.

WOW, that's spooky. I think I'd have to pick up the phone today, since time has passed, and ask the family about that. I'd have to know.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                        WOW, that's spooky. I think I'd have to pick up the phone today, since time has passed, and ask the family about that. I'd have to know.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

It’s not worth stirring up emotions. It was definitely spooky to experience, but honestly I just smile when I think about it.

But I do know that I have lost all appreciation for a good horror movie. I don’t get scared watching them, but when your alone in a building that you have truly had unexplainable things happen to you it is no bueno!

Comment

Good stuff. Give us a few more stories.

Comment

I have a lease near Paducah, TX and stay at the hotel there from time to time when I want a shower and TV for the night. The hotel used to be a funeral home. I always expect something weird to happen, but it never has. There is an old hotel kind of across the street that is now closed I was staying at one night. I was laying there half asleep and felt a hard kick to the bed I was sleeping in, no doubt it actually happened. It scared the crap out of me at first. I slept with the bathroom light on after that haha.

Comment

I currently own and operate nursing homes. Until I was able to graduate into the corporate world and then eventually into my own business, I worked in nursing homes. We've had very similar stuff happen in the nursing homes. I vividly remember one evening making rounds and visiting with my residents and staff before I left to make sure everything was going well. I was standing at one of the nurses' station and talking to some of the staff and we hear a very loud crash. We all turn around to see a med-cart laying in the floor on its side. We rushed down the hall to inspect and make sure everyone is ok. A nurse that was administering medications was standing in a doorway a few doors down from the cart in utter disbelief. There were no residents near by and even if there had been none would likely have had the strength or agility to turn the cart over. They are heavy, have a wide stance, low center of gravity and casters on all 4 corners. It would be difficult for me to turn one over. The cart was sitting out side the vacant room of a woman who had just passed away earlier that day.

Comment

Example of the cart the turned over under its own will.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X