No announcement yet.

Paranormal stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been away on the road a few days and noticed this thread bumped up so I’ll share another story I’d forgotten about.

In a small, Texas town is a typical old cemetery dating back to the 1800’s. Normally I only go to cemeteries to pay respects to people I once knew or for historical reasons. Other than that I don’t have a reason to visit. Well, an acquaintance of the family, who lives in that same town, was telling some of my family members about the unique headstones in that cemetery. The man suggested that we sometime stop to see for ourselves how neat many of them are. Several weeks later I had some free time and figured there wouldn’t be any harm in visiting the cemetery.

Prior to stopping there I drove to the nearest town that has a gas station and filled the tank up on my pickup. There are no gas stations in the town with the small cemetery I was heading to that day. Less than thirty minutes after filling up with gas I made it to the cemetery and parked on a flat area adjacent to graves but along the main road through it. Respectfully I read names and dates on the headstones looking to see if by chance there was anyone buried there my family knew. At first there wasn't anything peculiar noticed. It may have been about an hour or so later that an oddness was sensed. I tried to push it away thinking it was just me somehow imagining things. When this feeling got heavier I decided it was best to leave anyhow because I’d seen enough of the graves and had my fill of it. There was still this obvious feeling of being watched yet nobody else was out there.

I walked over to my pickup, unlocked the door, and got inside. Here’s where the visually weird part began. After inserting my key into the ignition and the gauges came alive, my fuel gauge showed less than half a tank. I pulled the key out of the ignition and looked under the pickup to make sure I somehow didn’t notice the smell of leaking fuel. There was neither the smell of raw fuel nor any sign of fuel dripping or pouring out from anywhere under the pickup. So I get back inside and reinsert the key into the ignition and this time actually started the engine. Just as before, the fuel gauge only showed less than half a tank. How could this be when I’d just filled up before coming there? The gauge and sender had never malfunctioned before. While heading back on that straight part of the road leading back to the highway, the gauge never corrected itself. But after traveling a few miles away on the rural highway the gauge started slowly increasing the fuel level. The further away from the cemetery the higher the gauge would read. Just before reaching the next town the fuel gauge was now showing full again. It has never malfunctioned again like that to this day and I’ve never been back to that cemetery.

Comment

Getting that time of year, folks. Let’s stoke the fire a bit on this one.

Some years back I was hunting a small parcel of land. Wasn’t having much luck in my regular spot so I set up a little ambush spot over near the back corner of the property that bordered a highway. Along that highway there was a swampy area where the runoff would collect and there was always fresh hog sign there. The new set was about a hundred yards up the hill from this low bottom area, so my morning plan was to park my 4 wheeler there behind an old oak tree that had fell during a previous storm and sneak in the rest of the way on foot.

I believe it was the opening weekend of rifle season and we had a nice cold front come in that Friday night.

Saturday morning I get up and off I go. Absolutely stoked about the weather and the new spot. Short drive later, I pull off the roadside and into that swampy area and shut the bike down, right where I had planned.

For good measure, I thought I would throw an old camo tarp I had brought, over the wheeler as I didn’t want anyone to see it from the road. As I was unrolling the tarp I heard something moving through the brush just behind me. I quickly spun around and shined my Flashlight in that direction.

Now, what I thought I’d see was hogs, deer or some sort of critter busting through the brush trying to get clear of me.
      But as I began to hone in on the thing moving through those pine saplings and brush, I quickly realized it wasn’t an animal that I was looking at. It was a shadow. A 7-8 foot tall shadow and my LED flashlight light was blowing right through it.
      I watched it move from my right to my left for about twenty yards and you could see how it was pushing the trees from side to side as it made it’s way through there. There wasn’t any defining shape of this thing. I couldn’t make out any arms or legs nor head. All I know is it was really tall by the way those trees were being manipulated. After it was gone, I just stood there in shock for a minute.

I never parked down in that swamp again

Comment

Let's gooooo!

Comment

Let’s hear em!

Comment

Last year I gained permission to metal detect around an old house that my Uncle built in 1942. At the time, there was a 1800's house on the site that was torn down to build the new one. The property had been sold many years ago and I had never been to the house. It had been sitting unoccupied for 20 years until a family bought it and fixed it up. Further research on the history of the property revealed a lot of activity there for many years. An Indian village, French and Spanish traders, colonial settlers, a railroad depot, and a sawmill were all there before my Uncle bought the farm land.
            The owner, a nice young woman, was excited to see the old family photos of the house that I had. She had put a lot of work into repairing it and the pictures answered some of her questions about how it originally looked.
            One day while I was there detecting we got to talking about the local rumors of a slave cemetery once being on the land and other spooky stuff, and she told me a chilling story about her family's experiences when they first moved there.
            Not long after moving into the old house, her and her husband both awoke one night from gruesome nightmares. She wouldn't say what it was, but they both dreamed the same thing at the same time...and it happened almost every night. She and her daughters would often feel something brushing against them that was not there. Cabinets would open, water faucets would turn on, chairs would move, when no one was there. She said the worst experience was when the bed started shaking and some unseen hand grabbed her husband by the throat and forced him against a wall. They divorced not long after that, but she and her daughters continued to live there. Financially unable to move, they remained in the house and the spooky incidents became less frequent. She said she thinks the "ghost" is still there but wishes them no harm.
            Later, my Dad told me about one of his high school girlfriends who had married one of his classmates and lived on the adjacent property. Not long after they were married he killed her and committed suicide.
            I never had a unexplained experience there, but I did have a feeling of being watched from the upstairs windows when I detected around the house, even before I heard her story.

Comment

This thread never disappoints

Comment

Boo!

Comment

I've told some buddies about this but thought I would share because I never could figure out what caused it. About 7 years ago I was working in Huntsville, running mineral title at the Walker County Courthouse. I would stay the whole week in a cheap pay by the week motel off 45. There were some characters that frequented the motel and the particular room that I stayed in had the locks/deadbolts/door latch replaced several times over, from the screw holes in it. I would bring my chocolate lab with me pretty much every week. One night toward the end of my project there, I woke up about 3 am and my lab was standing up on the foot of my bed growling, hair up all the way down his back and staring at the bathroom doorway.

I tried to see what he was looking at but couldn't see anything. He kept growling but started to rotate his body as if what he was growling at was walking past the foot of the bed. He "followed" whatever he was "seeing" all the way across the room, never leaving the foot of the bed, when all the sudden he let out a loud bark/growl and jumped off the end of the bed towards the large window that had the curtains drawn closed. As he made it to near the window the curtains flew/blew open a couple feet. Scared the heck out of me, I still don't know what he was growling out and luckily was ale to go stay at my buddies duck camp not far from there shortly after that.

Comment

when my nephew was first learning to talk, 18mos ot 2 years old, whetver, he always used to randomly talk about "the lady" in their house and point up to the ceiling and look around. it would freak my brother out, especially when he was mumble something about "the lady" at night or when they were in bed.

he would even be at my house and tell me "the lady said..." i would ask him who it was he would say he didnt know and it would turn into a 30min session of us trying to get him to explain who it was or what she looked like.

after like a year of this, as hes getting older, we went over there to cookout or something and when i opened the front door, his automated alarm (lady voice) says, "FRONT DOOR" and my nephew goes, "thats the lady uncle jack." we all died laughing.

Comment

I have had some paranormal pictures on my game cam that look freaky.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        when my nephew was first learning to talk, 18mos ot 2 years old, whetver, he always used to randomly talk about "the lady" in their house and point up to the ceiling and look around. It would freak my brother out, especially when he was mumble something about "the lady" at night or when they were in bed.

He would even be at my house and tell me "the lady said..." i would ask him who it was he would say he didnt know and it would turn into a 30min session of us trying to get him to explain who it was or what she looked like.

After like a year of this, as hes getting older, we went over there to cookout or something and when i opened the front door, his automated alarm (lady voice) says, "front door" and my nephew goes, "thats the lady uncle jack." we all died laughing.

Comment

I’m currently remodeling a house for a buddy up here. Living in BFE and staying by myself in the place. Weird things going on here. Keep hearing the floors crack at night like someone was walking around. I have had the door to the room where I’m sleeping open up twice on me while I was in the room. Heard two doors down stairs open up while I was upstairs. Found an old wheel chair in a storage area, I’m so hoping someone hasn’t died here. I’ve been in houses with mice, it’s not mice!

Comment

started yesterday and just finished the whole thread.

the couple of guys that lay in bed and just yell, "knock it off!" in the midst of a paranormal incident made me lmao

Comment

Originally posted by bcuda View Post
                              I have had some paranormal pictures on my game cam that look freaky.

Post ‘em up here. Seems like the appropriate place.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

About 15 years ago me and the family were at the in-laws visiting for the weekend. Sitting around the table that evening with my wife, infant daughter and MIL my wife's Pomeranian perked up and was looking through the living room and started to growl. When all 3 of us looked to the living room and into the hallway. That's when we saw a silhouette walk past through the hallway and the dog went nuts wanting to tear into what it had seen. Freaked us all out. We wondered how out of nowhere this would occur being the first time seeing something like that since they built the house in '91. My wife and MIL think it was her grandmother who'd past away a few months before and once lived next door to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X