Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

217 in monster off of the Chaparrosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's one heart attack buck for sure.

Comment

I use to work in the Feed Yards at the Chapparrosa when I was younger, I rode with the Old Ranch Foreman Pete Johnson horseback into one of the House Pastures one day during December one Year, I saw some Bucks Chasing Does, that were unbelievable. Alot of those Deer would make their way to feed at the Feedlot in pens that had cows the day before, but were shipped that morning, with feed still in the troughs, you could see them under the lights at night, I loved riding pens at night during the winter out there they thought I was crazy for wanting to ride in the cold, but I just liked looking at all of the 160+ deer roaming around

Comment

Speachless

Comment

that's an awesome deer! That's Mr. B in the pic. I know a guy that helped manage the deer on there and he's seen some real giants. I was told they have a 5000 acre pasture that is high fenced and extensively managed, 1 deer/50 acres, the bucks in there are ridiculous. This one obviously came from a different part of the ranch since he was entered in the low fence division.

Comment

My son LtL Andy just told me he did a deer catch on the place in high fence area for does to be put into pens.He said they do one there almost every year.......Andy

Comment

Beautiful buck. It sounds like a gentleman with alot of money doing what he loves. I can't see anything wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                My son LtL Andy just told me he did a deer catch on the place in high fence area for does to be put into pens.He said they do one there almost every year.......Andy

must have some DMP pens. Catch the does and breed them to high $$ bucks.

Man if I had his $$ I would be doing the same dang thing. Forbes said he was worth $2.8Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbillion.

Comment

Awesome buck!

Comment

Just think, our lease (low fence) is just 4 miles from The Chaparrosa (low fence). To bad the deer would have to travel through the town of La Pryor to get to us. Heck of a deer

Comment

There are no high fences or pens on the Chaparossa.

Comment

Dave is correct, there are no High Fences on the Chaparrosa, unless they have built some since BK Johnston sold. They have deer hanging in the Cook shack, and at the Headquarters, that could go 200". When you have that kind of Brush, and Habitat, and 85,000 acres for them to hide on, they get Big

Comment

You oughta see the typical 12 they found dead in a pond the year before last. I think it netted in the mid 190's.

Comment

Also, they do have a high fenced area of about 1000 acres.

Comment

high fence, low fence, does not matter that is one awesome deer!!

Comment

****, interesting guys

Comment

Working...
                                X