Big Cat kill in East Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcrow View Post
    Of course there are cats in East Texas. I thought they were referring to cougars and mountain lions and such of which there are none.
    I hope that you don't really believe that there aren't any mountain lions in East Texas. Parks and Wildlife biologists as well as game wardens say that there are mountain lions here. I kind of figure that they probably know that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
      Please explain. As I must me ignorant to what you are implying with this comment.
      Just sayin they had a reason for choosing that as a mascot....grew up there and all the ol timers say that they were there at one time..does that explain what i was implying or did you think it was something else ?

Comment

we have had one given us heck in mason...killed a few calves and some deer....i have tried every way i can to kill that thing with my grandpa and cant even see the thing...neighbor said his hunters saw it and didnt wanna scare the deer so they didnt shoot it
        we have tracks of it all over the place and got some molded(it was pretty cool) took it to the biologist and he said it should weigh about 130 lbs...to me thats a big ole kitty....i am hopin we kill the thing and soon
        Originally posted by PineWoodArcher View Post
        The kill is probably gone by now, but the threat is still there and new calves are dropping. Hopefully, they have moved on, i have read that the roaming area can be very large. Unless there is plenty of food in the area!!!

Comment

Mountain lions don't have a melanistic trait. Jaguar do and they are also making a come back in AZ and NM, why not TX?

Comment

Originally posted by Joebuck View Post
            A BLACK mountain lion in Texas, that is truly a figment of the imagination, maybe poor lighting or just a dark brown cat, but not BLACK!!!

Do you have any PROOF to back up your OPINION? How on earth would anyone be able to KNOW there are no black mountain lions around? There are BLACK coyotes, why can their not be BLACK mt. lions?

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
              Mountain lions don't have a melanistic trait. Jaguar do and they are also making a come back in AZ and NM, why not TX?
              X2

Comment

Originally posted by wcg89 View Post
                Do you have any PROOF to back up your OPINION? How on earth would anyone be able to KNOW there are no black mountain lions around? There are BLACK coyotes, why can their not be BLACK mt. lions?
                Yes, there is a lot of proof.

I KNOW, because they don't exist, that's why. There are just as many comfirmed sightings for black mountain lions, as their are for the tooth fairy, ZERO.

But if it is absolutely imperative that I beleive you, than find some photos, confirmed sightings, mortalities, trail cam pics, feces, hair, anything, and you may convince me, but prolly not.
                Last edited by HNT ETX; 03-19-2010, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Just my opinion but this is one of the reason I love hunting so much, you never what you might see in the woods, any animal could have wondered to somewhere its not supposed to be, I like to think when sitting in a tree in the middle of nowhere there is no telling what I might see, but thats just me.

Comment

Working...
                  X