No announcement yet.

ground blind? or tree blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you can see much better up high but I use ground blinds too. Just what ever is better for the set up.

Comment

Both...... tree stand when i get to go by myself and ground blind with kids

Comment

Can't hurt to have both handy depending on the situation....unless you are scared of heights.

Comment

Ground blind. Much easier to get drawn and seal the deal.

Comment

I almost always hunt out of a ground blind or at least on the ground using the available cover. I would like to buy a tripod this year though. The trees where I hunt really aren't tall enough for a hang-on or a climber. I like the thought of hunting from an elevated position though.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
              For me I like both but it comes down to the weather.

pretty weather.... Game tamer tree stand or a quad pod
              cold/rainy weather...Double bull ground blind (I like dry and warm)
              X2 me too!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                For me I like both but it comes down to the weather.

pretty weather.... Game tamer tree stand or a quad pod
                cold/rainy weather...Double bull ground blind (I like dry and warm)
                Yep, I agree. Only I don't use one of them fancy pants DBulls!

Greg

Comment

I like being up in the trees for the view and the shot angle. I also feel more hidden...

Comment

Ground blind, because if I get elevated I will be the only thing up there for miles.

Comment

Ground blind.......is more forgiving

Comment

i have a ground blind and tree stands. leaning more towards the ground blind just out of convenience. i hate hanging stands now. i hunt public lands and using a ground blind is way more easier. just have to pick a good location.

Comment

I like both.We've got several setups that have both.Gives us options depending on weather and wind direction.

DJ

Comment

Ground Blinds for me! They help cover my scent, allow me to be able to stretch, take a nap, and are more comfortable. By being more comfortable I sit longer and increase my chance at getting a shot when big boy comes in...

I do like elevated stands for being able to see further, but it also means that deer can see me easier also.

I put this blind up on a day lease one day and killed a big fat doe the next morning!

[ATTACH]153764[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]153765[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]153766[/ATTACH]

Comment

I like Both...

Comment

Sitting 22 feet up looking at deer is awesome. I hunted with lock on's and climbers in ga. a few years back. Not that much fun in windy conditions. This past year I purchased the primos vision 360 from bps and loved it. It was great for the g/f and I to use and we took a doe the second day using it. Camoed it in nice and off we went. This year I am going to set up a lock on at one of my feeders! Just something about raining down on a critter from above!
                                Last edited by Texaskid82; 03-21-2010, 11:54 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X