No announcement yet.

ground blind? or tree blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground blind for me! don't like heights and i can't sit still..

Comment

climber, gets the scent off, and it is always better to have the high ground when ambushing.

Comment

It is pretty hard to beat sitting 15-20 feet up in a tree unless the weather is really bad.

Comment

I have yet to have an animal come close enough to a ground blind to get a shot with my bow. We have taken several with the rifle but then we are set up 75+ yards away and at that range they don't notice it. I have several tripods and a quadpod not to mention several ladder stands and three hang on stands. I like the elevation factor for seeing what's coming (don't just sit on a feeder) and I think scent wise it is a positive factor at times. I would love to get something out of the pop up with my bow, it just hasn't happened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hunterman View Post
            Heres on for you guys which one do you prefer and why . Im a ground blind person because I like being eye to eye with the beast!
            I still like your old tree stand at Richland Chambers,it was a good spot.
            At my age im getting more and more for comfort, so i pre-fer a ground blind so i can sit all day. Its easier to read a book and grab a snack or just move around. I still always put up the old game tamer for those times when I get the urge.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4speed1 View Post
              With all that stuff, two things come to mind...how many trips do you have to make from the truck to the stand and is there any room for you to sit?

I prefer the trees in a climber!
              one, i pull right up to it and unload then go park it..... and i have 5x5x6 and 6x6x6 blinds

Comment

Don't think me and Momma, the heater, and my little bladder, would work too good in a tree stand nowadays.

Comment

I prefer an elevated blind or tripod because you can see much more and I love to watch wildlife. I video everything, though, so a ground blind is easier and you get away with a lot more movement. It is tough videoing from a tripod with deer all around you.

Comment

I've got both, and have shot animals from both over the same feeder. Like was said above, the weather comes into play, particularly the wind.

One advantage of a ground blind is that you pop it up and you're set to go. Building said tree stand, I fell out and almost killed myself in the process.

Generally, I just like being able to see better where the deer are coming from when elevated, but that pop-up sure is comfy!

I'll also say that I started actually finding more hogs after mortally wounding them once I got elevated at another property I hunt.

Comment

ground blind, there isnt a tree tall enough in my part of crockett county to put a tree stand in...

Comment

I'm more lethal in a ground blind, but I enjoy hunting out of a tripod more.

Comment

Depends on weather, wind, location, time of year, trail or deer pattern situation I.e. Not much ground cover & near a hot trail I'll be in a tree. A good established place with good cover I'll be in the double-bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddogss View Post
                            X2
                            Amen to that! I have a real bad habit of falling asleep. More than once I've woke up and had deer munching corn at the feeder. I've even managed to sleep through the feeder going off a couple times. I have no business being above ground.

Comment

ground blind for convience. plus there are not trees tall enough where i hunt for a tree stand

Comment

Ground blind, alot safer for me. I almost pulled off a face plant out of my 12 ft. tripod this year,Its eye level from now on!

Comment

Working...
                                X